cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow via activity task

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know WF user decision solution is supported by DuetE. Wonder if someone can confirm that WF via activity tasks is supported as well.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Karina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karina,

see my SCN blogpost [Workflow in Duet Enterprise: concept + implications|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/27459] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];:

"Duet Enterprise out-of-the-box supports User Decision interaction step. Interaction task with an Activitity Dialog are also supported, but require some manual work. Effectively you need to replace both the SAP GUI screenhandling plus propagate the dialog resultdata as outcome for the SAP workflow Activity Dialog task."

So, Activity Dialog is possible and supported; but requires more as strictly configuration.

Best regards, William.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karina,

I concurred that Diaglog Activity task is supported in Duet Enterprise.

Refer to the blog that provides more details. Although this blog was written before Duet Enterprise was released, it is still valid that both User Decision and Dialog Activity tasks are supported in Duet Enterprise.

The Workflow Pattern Customization in the TA SIMGH -> Information Worker Implementation Guide is the same for both task types.

As explained in the above blog, extra steps will be needed to take care of the Decision Key (Note: By default, Diaglog Activity task does not have a decision attribute). The blog provided 2 options to handle Dialog Activity task in Duet/Duet Enterprise.

Regards,

Anh-Tuan