cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate Profile > Characteristic Data > Result origin = 03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need of a support with a problem that I have in printing of inspection results in outgoing Quality Certificate (for Delivery - SD).

The material and batch that being sold in this delivery were produced through a "process order - X", where I need to search and prints in the Quality Certificate the inspection results of the inspection lot tied to the component (Semifinished Product) of BOM of this "process order - X".

But the component of this "process order - X", also was produced by other "process order - Y" where the component of this order also has control by inspection lot.

When I create the message (LQÇA) to the item of the delivery (transaction VL02N) the system prints the data of the inspection result of the inspection lot of the component tied to the "process order- Y" and this is incorrect.

I checked the certificate profile in transaction (QC03) and inside of the parameters of "characteristic data" I looked that the value of column "Result Origin" is equal (03 - Inspection / batch from production chain).

Dear collegues, someone of you know how I can restrict the search of "result origem - 03" for to search and print the inspection results of the first level (component of "process order - X") of the production chain of the finished product ?

Best regards

Diego Menegalli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF an FN_QM. Thanks, by help

FF

If I follow an ascending order (where the finished product sold is the "level 0"), the inspection lot that I wish to print the inspection results in the quality certificate issued in the sale is the "level 1" (which is the inspection lot tied to the component "semifinished product" that was used in the production of finished product sold).

DETAIL: The Process Order "X" only dealt with the "filling" of the finished product in a drum, hence the quality inspection has to be search from the semifinished product.

FN_QM

I yet have doubts in your answer.

What local and transaction I need use for update the profile that you commented ?

I didn't understand where are these this settings.

Best regards

Diego Menegalli

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So are you saying the same characteristic is in the final inspection for the finished good and in the inspectoin of the semi-finished good?

You want to report the semi-finished result though on the cert?

If that is the case, why are you inspecting the value a second time in the finished good? If you are reinspecting it, you should be reporting the inspeted from the finished good.

So don't inlude the characteristic in finished lot. I think since it finds a value for the finished good it is not even looking at the production chain.

Also, are you batch managed? It might be eaiser to reportthe data from the batch record and use batch deriviation functionality to populate the finished good batch record with the batch result of the semi-finished good.

Another option you could try is this.

Create a new inspection type for your semi-finished goods. 04SEMI for instance.

In the COA profile specify in the header that lots must be inspection type 04SEMI.

Since you inspect the finished good with the 04 inspection type, no 04SEMI will be found for the finished material which would then force it to look at the production chain materals. In the screen where you define the materials from the production chain, you then specify for the semi-finished material that a lot using an 04SEMI inspection type is to be used. This should then find the semi-finished inspection lot for the data.

You HAVE defined the production chain material in the COA profile right? You do this from the COA profile (QC01/QC02). There is button on the meu bar labelled "Materials".

FF

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you will find SAP will take the most recent record. This sounds like a difficult process to work this way. What would have happenned had you used three process orders make the batch? Would it use the first, secomd or third inspection lot?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is the standard functionality of Certificate from production chain,

by this u can print the characteristics from Raw material batch, Semi finished batch or finished batch.

in the profile you have to select the inspection type for every characteristics then at the time of printing results system search batches and the respective lot for batches (based on inspection type)

the pre-request for this is Batch managmenet and batch where used list must be updated.

Regards