cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP to Data Services System (Business Objects)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently there is an RFC connection between Data Services and R/3 which exchange three idocs. Each idoc has an volume of 30k per day.

As we are trying to introduce PI as central broker, will it be recommended to bring PI into the scope thinking on the performance head.

As this would be simple idoc to idoc conversion, let me know the things that will help to reduce the performance overhead.

Also should i be using RFC adapter between PI and Data Services.

Also since the licensing model is based on CPU, what effect will it bring with these three interfaces?

Is there any other connectivity that we can try apart from simple RFC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Also since the licensing model is based on CPU, what effect will it bring with these three interfaces?

depends on the size of the IDOCs too and if you can run then on java stack only (ICO object)

you can use quicksizer tool available from SAP to check the required CPU capacity for any scenario

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We are currently going for dual stack option with 7.3. If there are no conversions happening can i still use java stack to process all these idocs.

What adapter should i be using from R/3 and BO.

Currently they use TRFC connection between R/3 and BO.

Please advise the same.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>If there are no conversions happening can i still use java stack to process all these idocs.

7.3 has IDOC adapter on the java stack and RFC is on java stack already so you can use ICO object

and do IDOC flows on java stack only

you can use RFC, file, web service - I'd stick to the one you already have - RFC if it's tested and working

just try doing that via PI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your inputs. Am bit confused with the stacks.

I thought idoc adapter would present in Java stack when you go for java stand alone installation only.

Do you mean to say with dual stack, Idoc adapter is available both in ABAP as well JAVA.

That would solve my volume issues. What is the best way to find the size of an idoc?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Do you mean to say with dual stack, Idoc adapter is available both in ABAP as well JAVA.

yes you can use any of the two

but if you want to use ICO you can only use IDOC_AAE (java stack idoc adapter)

>>>I thought idoc adapter would present in Java stack when you go for java stand alone installation only.

no, with dual you also get it

>>>>That would solve my volume issues. What is the best way to find the size of an idoc?

send it via PI or easier and without PI - send it to an XML port (but this will give you the XML idoc size)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (0)