cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 Upgrade - ST add on release Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

I have the following issue where the ST add on's are = the target release of the upgrade. The release is only on a higher patch level in 7.1(SPS4)

The step is Configuration(3) in SOLMANUP, it will not get past the phase of deciding to keep the add on's, the error is:

For the following Add-on component(s) the KEEP YOURS decision is not longer valid,

since at least for one of the base components an Add-on upgrade has been included:

ST-ICO (changed base component: ST)

ST-PI (changed base component: SAP_BASIS)

ST-SER (changed base component: ST-PI)

You need to change the decision of the above Add-on(s).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what upgrade tool are you using? Are you using a stack XML?

Please refer to the Solution Manager 7.1 upgrade guide, the Solution Manager Upgrade Tool should be used.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I am using SOLMANUP, I am using the installation/upgrade software and using SPS 4 as my target release. I am using SPS4_upgrade.xml in my download directory.

If I try using SPS 2 with SPS2_upgrade.xml it produces an error because my patch level of ST-PI is already patch 5 in my current system(Solution Manager 7.01 EHP1), and SPS 2 of Solution Manager 7.1 ST-PI = patch 4, that's why I am using SPS 4 stack as it is a higher level that my current patch level of ST-PI.

The issue is that the mentioned ST add-on's are the same release as the target release, the only difference is the patch level. The upgrade recognises that the source and target release is the same, but will not let me keep with Decision = Keep

Thanks

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek

Have you got the soultion? I'm facing the same issue.

Thanks

Murat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat

Not yet, SAP did come back with a note, but it does not solve my issue as the upgrade package they mentioned(K-01NS2INSSA.SAR) is already in my download DIR.

Check SAP 1083365 - Upgrade behaviour of Addon ST-A/PI it may help,

I'll revert with the solution once SAP gets back to me,

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek

I found the solution!!!

Check if your server has the latest SPAM 45 installed and if the Maintenance Certifciate is not expired!!

I'm now further with the steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat

Thanks for the info, already have 45 plus a current maintenance license,

Will revert when I get an answer

Regards

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murat,

thanks for this solutuion. It worked100%.

@Derek Do you have download all ST-SER, ST-PI , SAP_BASIS SP´s that your system needs ?

Best regards

Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

The resolution was the atribute change packages:

ST-SER====701_2010_1

ST-ICO====150_700

They were missing from my download stack