Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP release for Central Contract Management with SRM 7.0 EhP 1

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i would like to have clarification with ERP and SRM release combinations regarding SRM 7.0 EhP1.

Indeed, the "Software Component Matrix for SAP SRM 7.0 EHP1", for Operational Contract Management, tells 'EHP 5 for SAP ERP 6.0 required'.

Moreover, in RKT dealing with SRM EhP1 delta overview, ERP 6.0 with EhP5 is mandatory for an upgrade to SRM7.01.

Nevertheless, i would like to have confirmation regarding this point.

We do not want to use PI to execute the Enterprise Services for CCM. So, we intend to switch BF SRM_WSRM_1 on.

But on the ERP side (EhP5), the only BF dealing with Contract Management is LOG_MM_P2PSE_2 which description is about Service Procurement (and more exactly for item hierarchies).

Does it mean we can use SRM 7.01 with ERP 6.0 EhP4 and without PI but only if we do not use Central Contracts with service hierarchies ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Laurent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

any suggestions ?

Regards.

Laurent.

christian_zeuch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Yes.

When Central contract was designed in SRM 7.0 with ERP EhP4, it was designed with no service hierarchy. But in SRM 7.01 Central contral was enhanced to handle service hierarchy and it works with ERP EhP5. The problem is when we have SRM 7.01 and ERP EhP4. To handle this complication SRM 7.01 was designed to send flat service lines to EhP4 and lower release even though Central contract in SRM has service hierarchy. So while transfering to ERP EhP4 system in standard, all outlines are not consider for transfer and only service lines (Functional items) are transferred to ERP. To do so user needs to maintain the backend destination information of the connected backend system in table BBP_BACKEND_DEST via SM30 transaction with correct system type (for EhP4 system it will be ERP_4.0 and for EhP5 ERP_5.0). SAP Standard program checks this while XML generation for transfer and if system type is ERP_4.0 system it removes all outlines from temp table before generating the XML data. When it is done, ERP has only service lines in its XML and it does the manupulation to create the replication of central contract.

Master Guide (Including Upgrade Information) - SAP SRM 7.01 states:

"The use of SAP NetWeaver PI is optional but it is required for outbound XML-based messaging or for connecting non-SAP planning or execution systems."

So service hierarchy is possible in SRM 7.01 and ECC 6.04 but only with PI. For other CCM functionalities, SRM 7.01 and ECC 6.04 without PI works fine.

Best regards,

Christian Zeuch

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

thank you for your answer, but it is not still clear...

You wrote "To handle this complication SRM 7.01 was designed to send flat service lines to EhP4 and lower release even though Central contract in SRM has service hierarchy"

For me, this means is it not possible (PI or not PI) to manage Service HIerarchies between SRM 7.0 EhP1 and ERP EhP4.

This is confirmed by this sentence "SAP Standard program checks this while XML generation for transfer and if system type is ERP_4.0 system it removes all outlines from temp table before generating the XML data".

So, i don't understand why you write "So service hierarchy is possible in SRM 7.01 and ECC 6.04 but only with PI".

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

I have written a blog on transfer of central contract from SRM to ECC using webservices but without PI.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/06/13/transfer-of-central-contract-from...

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Naveen