Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA reports in grey colour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have a problem with the EWA reports.

It shows me grey colour - Rating not Determined (Gray) - SAP EarlyWatch Alert

The EarlyWatch Alert session is not executed due to critical data quality issues.

Check the data quality in the 'Service Preparation and Service Data Quality' section.

Alert Overview

DB load from expensive SQL statements cannot be measured due to missing SAP Note 1564508.

SAP Note 1564508 is completely implemented.

I tried to create a new report, following the steps:

The session is waiting for data from a managed system. Data transfer can take up to one day.

You can also send the data manually.

In the managed system, start the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN).

Choose Task -> Create. The system displays a task overview.

Double-click Refresh Sessions. A dialog box appears. You can define the attributes of the task.

To start processing the task immediately, select Now in the Scheduling area.

In the Target RFC Destination field, select the RFC connection that points to your SAP Solution Manager system.

Choose Run Task Once.

Confirm your entries. The task appears in the To do view and is marked for processing. When the Session Refresh task has been processed, a new task with the appropriate session type and session number appears in the To do view. This task collects and sends the data for your session. If a new task does not appear, search in the task-specific log for errors that ocurred during the Session Refresh task and make any necessary corrections.

To start the task immediately, select it and right-click to call up the context menu.

Choose Start Now. When the task has been processed successfully, it appears in the Done view. The data has been sent to your SAP Solution Manager system. You can check this in the task-specific log.

Task finishes OK, job finishes OK. but when going back to the main page of EWA, I still see the hourglass, with the message : WAIT FOR SESSION DATA; SAP EARLY WATCH ALERT.

Job finished ok in sm37.

Is it normal that if the task is finished in SDCCN to still have the hourglass ?

What do you advice ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are lots of suggestions and solutions already provided regarding the EWA report left with grey,

Yesterday there was a same issue with some others.below that

Please go through all the suggestions provided by me and paul, try out your end,Specially wiki link by paul.

It should fix your issue.

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Externally the EWA is rated...i.e. in DSWP, correct?

However when you open the report, the Summary Overview has a grey traffic light.

Is this the grey ratting you are talking about? This is a recent problem.

One other thing to check is if the Host names appear in both upper and lower cases as this is also related to the Grey Overview Traffic Light.

The first thing you should check is AGS_UPDATE and ensure all updates are downloaded and activated as there was an SCU ( Service Content Update) that went out recently to address this problem.

If you find your Service Content is rated all green and you are up to date, and an Ad Hoc EWA generates the same way, then you need to check the recommendations in 'Service Preparation and Service Data Quality' section, because there make be issues with the collectors ST06, SAPOSCOL, etc, that need to be resolved.

Oddly many people don't read and act on the recommendations given in the EWA reports when there are alerts, and many times, the solution is being offered right in the recommendation, be it a check to make or a note to reference, so make sure you review any recommendations on the alerts closely.

Regards,

Paul.