cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force line break in text field of table header

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue with the text fields of my table header: They do not do a line break!

In detail:

I have an text field in the table header, which displays text using a context binding. This text is taken from the DDIC and is 20 characters long. Therefore the header is longer than the actual data displayed in the table and I wanted to change the text field in the header so that it displays the text in multiple (2 or 3) lines. But it wont!!!

Additionally the text is rotated by 270° via Layout-settings (meaning it runs up -> down instead of left -> right ), but that should not really matter, should it?

EDIT: After testing with a normal text orientation this does indeed seem to be the issue!

Example:

text field as is:

"Very long table head"

text field as wanted:

"Very long

table head"

What did I do?

- Text Field -> Cell -> Checkbox "Allow Multiple Lines" checked => no change

- reduced size of (all) fields in header row, so that it would force a line break => it did not

- set text orientation to normal (left -> right) -> WORKED! line breaks are done

Does anyone have an idea how to force line breaks for other text orientations than normal?

Thanks in advance & regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Try "Expand to height" in layout tab.

Thanks,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Even with the "Expand to fit" unchecked and height reduced so much that it should do the line break, it does not.

Regards,

Robert

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert,

"Expand to height" box should be checked...Then only it will force line break.

Are you not able to able force line break only in header or any other field also?

Thanks,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

So far I only have this issue in the header line(s), but the data lines only contain numbers.

I think there is one thing I have to emphazise again:

The text in the header lines is rotated by 270°, meaning it runs top to bottom.

When displaying the text in standard rotation ( left to right ), the line breaks work. I guess this is an issue with adobe forms, that they cannot do this for rotated text!?

Thanks for your advice so far!

Regards,

Robert