cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulate POWL Master in FITV_POWL_TRIPS How to?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetz,

I want to make the query-group of the POWL Master invisible for all Powl applications because employees must not have access to defining or changing their queries or even do personalization, ever.

I thought I could achieve this simply by coding an enhancement in POWL_UI_COMP. I did a Post exit in the Hook Method WDDOMODIFYVIEW in View 'MASTER'.

method _PST_4OMOJ0D18C2J0O4U2RFFIKRGJ . "Exit of WDDOMODIFYVIEW (in Z_POWL_UI_COMP )

DATA: lo_el_tc_pers TYPE REF TO cl_wd_transparent_container.

lo_el_tc_pers ?= view->get_element( 'QUERY_GROUP' ).

IF lo_el_tc_pers IS NOT INITIAL.
  lo_el_tc_pers->set_visible( EXPORTING value = '1' ).
ENDIF.

endmethod.

....but it doesn't work , my coding isn't even executed in run time when debugging externally, how come? I ran Report POWL_D01 to ensure the cache doesn't mess things up, no success. I can still modify the component configuration or the assignment of the comp/app configuration, but this would be a modification, which I want to avoid at all costs.

So, If somebody could just call me a newbie and give me a terribly simple sample solution, I'd be grateful. I believe my approach isn't completely wrong but why doesn't it work?

Screen: http://www7.pic-upload.de/25.01.12/ldyftp43pket.jpg

By the way, other approaches to make these Link-To-Actions invisble are welcome as well (as long as it doesn't modify the standard).

EDIT: Now I tried setting the visibility over the context attribute. Doesn't work either....

Cheers, Lukas

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jan 25, 2012 12:49 PM

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jan 25, 2012 1:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of the ways to control personalization is through the component configuration attribute changes to make personalization invisible to the users. The other one is through the roles. Please refer the below link, which is similar to your request.

Regards,

Chandra.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Portal personalization is not my favourtie option because administrative personalization sometimes is a bit 'buggy' when transported. Overwriting the comp configuration means modifying the standard, so not really what I'd like to prefer. But I didn't think of using Authority objects yet, good hint! I'll try this and post again.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (0)