cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error calling RFC function to get table data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I want to import table data (VBAP) from SAP database to datastore of DataService but I am getting an error :

Error calling RFC function to get table data: <RFC_ABAP_EXCEPTION-(Exception_Key: DATA_BUFFER_EXCEEDED, SY-MSGTY: E, SY-MSGID: FL, SY-MSGNO: 046)

Note : in Datastore Properties i am config bellow

ABAP executive option : Generate and Execute

Data Tranfer method : Direct download

Any advice for check that?

Best Regards,

Tipn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is your issue reallted to PI ??

PI point of view importing SAP table not posible in to PI,create Function module and import the structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you very much for all advise

Edited by: Tipn C. on Jan 26, 2012 10:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,Raja Sekhar Reddy T

Now, I try to install function that Data Service provided but I am not sure between 2 file type

non-unicode version and unicode version

900xxx.Sxx --- SAP ERP and R/3 and BI/BW systems (non-unicode version), new install or upgrade

900xxx.Rxx --- SAP ERP and R/3 and BI/BW systems (unicode version), new install or upgrade

Question : I can check Unicode version flag in SAP Server right?

And if the SAP Server is Unicode version enable , I canu2019t use CTS solution ?

or I can , but must be choose 900xxx.Rxx and add to SAP part directory ?

or any advise

Best Regard,

Tipn C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check SAP Business Objects Supplement for SAP manual for your version of data services. Also, there is a readme.txt file in the same directory where the transport files are found and in this file you will see:

900200.S08 --- SAP ERP and R/3 and BI/BW systems (non-unicode version), new install or upgrade

900027.R91 --- SAP ERP and R/3 and BI/BW systems (unicode version), new install or upgrade

For downloading any larger table like VBAP you should use ABAP data flow.

Hope this helps - Emil

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you exceeded the amount of system memory that could be allocated for sending data over RFC. Are you trying to get whole VBAP table over RFC & PI to your BI system? I don't think this could be a good idea. Try using ECC-BI extraction mechanisms instead.

Hope you'll find this useful,

Greg