cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to transfer production server from Hp-Unix to OS SuseLinux 11.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background : We are having ECC 6.0 running on HP Unix

What we need to do : want to migrate the entire production application to a new server under o/s SuseLinux 11.5 certified by SAP AG

What we are doing : there is a utility called Software Developer Tool [DRYRUN] using this utility want to export application to storage and from store we shall import/restore the application into the new server under o/s SuseLinux 11.5

What error I am getting :

Sapinst could not find the required software logistics java libraries DIAGNOSTS. The global directory may not be available at u2018/usr/sap/fpp/globalu2019 or its contain may not be up-to-date in addition the version of the SAP NetwWeaver java system might be lower than AP6. SOLUTION, Mound the global directory and/or apply the latest support package.

Using above method we could migrate development server to SuseLinux 11.5 successfully.

If I have posted this question on wrong forum pl. guide me

Thanks

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

You are receiving error from some third party tool. I think you should look for the 'DRYRUN' forums. By the way it would be greet if you could give more details about the dry run.

But my other colleagues reply above is right. Ideally SAP forums would support normal heterogeneous system copy/migration methods.

Let me have a look at the product after your input and probably after that we can have a shot at the error.

If you need help in finding Guides ,please let me know that too; can surely help you with that.

Regards

Edited by: Varun Biswas on Feb 15, 2012 11:39 PM

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the SAPINST for exporting and importing the ERP system from one platform (OS+DB) to another platform.