cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 does not Update Classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I created a document using BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 and passed the characteristic values. This created a DIR and updated classification. When I updated this DIR with BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 it updated properly.

Then I created another DIR version for the above DIR using 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATENEWVRS2'. This also worked fine. However when I want to update the classification values in this new version using BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2, the values are not updated properly.

Any idea what could be wrong.

Regards,

Jai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

First I would suggest you to use BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2 which reads out the current data for a document info record. This data can then be modified by you and handed over to BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2. After the CHANGE2 BAPI was executed please use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to realise the changes also in the database tables.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I also added a call to for BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2, but still the same issue. I was already doing a COMMIT after Change BAPI Call.

One more information here. The call to Change is working as if I update any other field in document header or even object links, they work fine. But the characteristics are not updated.

I even debugged the standard BAPI and checked that internally both create and change call CACL_OBJECT_VALIDATION_MAINT to update the characteristics values. But in my case for the same values CREATE BAPI updates the Classification and Change does not.

Regards,

Jai

Edited by: sapnwm on Jan 25, 2012 8:30 PM

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi,

is there maybe a difference in the data handed over to CACL_OBJECT_VALIDATION_MAINT if you use CREATE2 or CHANGE2 BAPI?

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (0)