cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FormCalc/Javascript validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am looking for a suitable event in Adobe Interactive forms which can cancel the processing of the form if any field value is not accoding to the validation while the form is getting submitted? Ideally it should cancel the submit of the form.

Actually I am a using SAP Adobe Interactive forms using transaction SFP in ABAP Workbench and am trying to check the possible ways to apply validations (client side validations) to the form data. These forms are expected to get called from HCM Processes and Forms processes wherein the form is getting called from the standard Start Application on portals.

I checked various events such as preSubmit, preSave but none of them served my purpose since my form is getting called from the external source. Any idea what event could serve my purpose?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For validation for submit event "DO_OPERATIONS" method to be used. No way to cancel submit incase of HCM Processes and Forms

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I think you can validate the entire form inside the submit click event. You can write validation code before the submit (given bellow ) call.

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20090205121016.525164.508401 - SubmitToSAP.xfo

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

Put the above submit call inside the if condition so that submit event execute only if all the values entered correct.

Hope this will helps you.

Regards

Shaira.