cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts not triggered from RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have configured alerts and tested through RSALERTTEST.I am getting mail successfully.

1.Created Alert Classification.

2.Created Alert Categories

3.Created Alert Rules

I have tested soap-to-proxy scenario by passing wrong data.I got mail from RWB successfully .when i tested same thing after some time i did not get mail .I tried next day also but i am not getting any mail and i have checked in SOST to check are there in waiting state.

I have deleted alert rule,categories again created from the scratch but still i couldn't find what's stopping to trigger alert to recieve mail from rwb.Can anyone suggest me how to find this?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to TCODE - ALRTCATDEF choose Settings - Configuration and make sure you have the logging parameter checked.

Go to TCODE - SLG1 choose object "ALERT" and from there you can check if your alert was generated or not.

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

thanx for quick reply.

alrtcatdef>settings>configuration

No entries exist,double click for long text.

slg1-->selected alert object

no log found in database. (i tried with old dates also on which date i got mail from rwb and test mails)

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

alrtcatdef-->settings-->configuration
No entries exist,double click for long text

here you can change display mode to change mode and enable the write log property.

Login to RWb -> alert configuration in Alert Rule Definition activate the alert category

Run this report from se38 SXMSALERTLOGGER for checking alert log.

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have enabled write log .i can see log details now

Calling Monitoring server starting new task

Alert Records successfully delivered

Error Records Recived from IE on host (host details) Try to Send Alert...

Find rule for

No matching rule found.

but for the same already i got one mail to alert inbox and to my mail.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To see aert logs this program working fine SXMSALERT_LOGREADER.when i executed this SXMSALERTLOGGER in se38 program does not exist response.

After seeing logs i have created one more alert rule for adapter engine with *.now i have two rules one for IE another one for AE for single alert category.I think these two rules are enough to monitor all scenarios and all types of errors.Then i unchecked the option Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule checkbox.After making this change i am getting all alerts.

if anything wrong the way i did and understood how it works pls suggest.

Thanks

Kumar

Answers (0)