Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Requirements - PReq release date is not checked

irina_vasilieva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM 7 SP 10 with ECC 6 EHP4 ECS scenario with plant maintenance. We enabled external requirement replication via PI message PurchaseRequestERPSourcingRequest.

The problem is that the message is getting generated on PReq create/ change event. The PReq release date is not checked, hence SRM receives PReqs with release dates in future

In old method, BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER picked only PReqs where the Release date has been reached.

How to achieve the same functionality with Preqs transferred via PI message.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Irina,

There have been long time from your original message, but I would appreciate if you could share the solution that you found for this issue. I have the same situation in my client and would like to hear from you if you were able solve it by standard functionalities.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Alves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

After a long discussion with SAP they offered to write a code (if I remember they proposed a service that will be called daily checking the release date) to trigger transfer to SRM.

Basically stop the transfer and trigger WF on the release date.

Our client felt that it will put the implementation at risk (as the code will be new, never tested by any clients and could bring many unknowns into play). Considering all above, sadly we decided to go with the old proven way of transferring PReqs to SRM via EPRTRANS batch job. The old method has many drawbacks but is reliable and used by many companies even today.

Suggest to ask SAP if they delivered any improvements in the latest support pack to overcome the challenge.

All the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Irina,

I appreciate your reply. Good to hear that this has been discussed a lot with SAP. I am really thinking of triggering the service using a daily job scheduling, but would like to confirm whether there wasn´t any smooth process still using SOA. Your reply was very important. Next step is to discuss this workaround with the business.

Thanks again!

Rodrigo Alves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transfer of Purchasing requisitons will be controlled via BADI ME_REQ_SOURICNG_SCUST, check the defined conditions.

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you mean to say, PRs are going to external sourcing even when they are not released??

irina_vasilieva
Explorer
0 Kudos

We don't have a release strategy for PReq.

On the Preq Item -> quantites/ dates tab there are 3 dates: delivery date, request date and release date. In MRP process, the release date is calculated by the sytem based on planned delivery time and GR processing time. The PReq should be changeable by MRP up to the release date. On the release date the system should transfer PReq to SRM and mark the PReqs

as u2018firmedu2019 u2013 not changeable. This is a SAP standard process. Worked well with EPRTRANS.

BADI ME_REQ_SOURCING_CUST imethod CHECK_EXTERNAL_SOURCE is already implemented. The BADI controls what requirements to send to SRM.

We tried putting a check for Release date like: if release date is = < than system date , send PReq to SRM:

if is_req_item-FRGDT le sy-datum.

cv_ext_sourcing = cl_mmpur_constants=>yes.

It does stop new PReqs with release date in future from coming to SRM. However, the BADI is not retriggered for the same PReq when the release date reached.

Can you please guide me through the implementation steps? If it possible to retrigger the PI message via a scheduled process?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

//ok, please ignore my thought on the release strategy as I am not much inclined towards the functional expertise as you guys

now, what i have in my system is, standard SAP checks (when PR created from MRP), that the firmed(fixed) indicator is ticked or not in the PR. else it does not transfer to external sourcing, may be because I am on Ehp5.

you can keep debugger on that external sourcing badi, when you create PR from MRP, this BADI will be triggered, dont look that anything what ever you are going, come out of the BADI, then you will see it calls a method to check if the PR can be sent to external system or not(telling you the how to part because i am not in front of SAP system right now)..

in this method, it checks if PR item is of type B(created from MRP) then is it checking the fixed indicator or not!!! can you let me know about this part?