cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS historical data migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

In my current project for historical data migration for PS, we have migrate data for PROJ, PRPS , PRHI, PRTE, BPJA, BPGE, RPSCO, JEST and COBRB table.

Other than than PS we are also migrating data for FICO, MM, PM and AA.

Now the client want user manuals for the end users for PS module. These manuals/job aides will be given to the end users, they should highlight the changes in the process for viewing historical data.

Can you please suggest me a guideline, that what should I ideally capture in this manual.

I am looking forward for your reply.

Regards

Amlan Neogi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The topic very wide and its not possible to provide detailed steps, however few tips are being are provided here to develop further form your end. Hope this will help you.

Identify all the actual costs posted to legacy system and differentiate them as below. Just this is an example.

Note that to capture all these actual legacy costs you need to define very distinctive CE group which have unique identity number for Revenue and Costs (CE categories for revenue 11 and other costs CE category would 1) from other regularly used CEs.

You can split your actual costs into groups, for example

1. Actual revenue (billed) u2013 You can define CE to capture all this costs. You can define CEs for Government, Non-Government and intra company and inter company depends on your business operations

2. Actual Material Costs - You can define CE to capture all this costs

3. Actual Misc costs - You can define CE to capture all this costs

4. Actual Manhour (labor) costs(if you are planning hours at network activity level - using Work center/Activity type) - You can define CE to capture all this costs.

5. Identify and name WBS element (legacy actual or Historical) in your project structure which will capture all these legacy costs. CO team will post all these costs on this WBS element and can be seen in reports also.

6. You will see the total values of legacy actual costs and not the individual values.

7. Actual revenue will be posted on CE by CO team and you will this one reports.

Your legacy actual costs and balance planned costs would be match to previous total figure when migrated to SAP system.

For example, project A has 100,000.00 net value and already billed 35,000 in legacy system.

In SAP after posting of values should match with legacy values.

Similarly your man hours costs, material costs

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PSR,

Thank you very much for your valuable recommendation. It will help me a lot.

Regards,

Amlan Neogi