cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obligatory Characteristics in Inspection Results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

Got a question, is there a way to make some of the characteristics obligatory. Meaning that if you hit save on the inspection lot, the system won't let you save the inspection until that characteristic is filled up? I don't want to make all, just some of the characteristics.

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tries badi QE_SAVE

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the control indicators for the characteristic, click on "required chara.".

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u clicked on required then also system only warned u but not stops !

for this u need to apply the Exit or some enhancement at MIC level during RR.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. But you can't make the UD on these until you record the results unless you force close the characteristic. You can find several messages here about using security to prevent the average tech from force closing a characteristic.

You need to be careful about using a user exit to block the saving of a lot if a required result is missing. What happens if a piece of equipment breaks. Or you run out of a standard? Do you want to prevent the tech from recording what they can do? It would also affect your future use. What if you introduce a new material that has a required test that takes significantly longer to run? If your goal is get to a paperless lab, doing this would prevent that. It would mean a paper list of the test results floating around until the last test is done. Not good.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a general Plan inspection, some of the characteristics are for all the materials, some are not, some materials do apply all the characteristics depending on the situation, but there are some characteristics that are a must. Thus I need to set them as requirement, preferably not just a warning, preferably that it won't let you finish the inspection.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please don't take offense but creating a general inspection plan is really not a very good business practice. I've seen clients do it and I always recommend against it. It's like trying to assign all the materials you make to use the same BOM knowing that you might only actually use 2 or 3 of them. Inspection plans are a pretty basic component to the system. It's not an area to cut corners on.

Set up the inspection plans properly by material or by related groups of materials and and you won't have issues like this.

I've already described how to make them required. It won't stop you from exiting and saving however as you want. You have to use a user exit for that. Be careful when implementing (reference my earlier concerns).

FF