cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ampersand Bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my mobile document I have a prompt. When I select a value containing an ampersand I get a strange XML message and cannot proceed. Is anyone else seeing the same?

Thanks!

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, this is happening as the xml string sent as LOV is not xml encoded can you please try replacing "&" with "&"

and then refresh the document.

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. But since there is no Replace() function provided in Designer, do you happen to have another sample formula that would do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid your suggestion doesn't work. I modified the universe object with the following code:

case when index(table.column,'&')=0 then table.column

else Substr(table.column,1,(index(table.column,'&')-1)) || '&'

|| Substr(table.column, (index(table.column,'&')+1)) end

On the PC it now replaces simple ampersands with &

I use that object as a prompt.

In mobile 4.0.3 I get "XML document structures must start and end with the same entity". FYI - the same bug occurs in Explorer.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

I've reproduced this one and I am escalating it for a fix. I found that even reports with & in the titles did not work either. I test this in SP5 with 4.0.3 on the iPad.

-Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for coming to the rescue. Once this bug is fixed I'll up my iTunes rating another star as promised in my review

It's frustrating because we reported this bug to the help desk on 1/10 and they are completely confused with even how to recreate it. BTW- The & problem is also present in Explorer for iPad. Try filtering a facet on a value that contains an ampersand and it will crash there as well...

P.S. We have another incident with another spotted but dealing with negative values in a pie chart that render completely different on iPad than in WebI but they are confused by how to recreate that as well. (I've sent them video clips and screenshots but still no luck.) Maybe you can help with that...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

I have received word that both of these issue will be fixed in the next version 4.1.0 due out in March.

-Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for replying so late.

Yes, this is an issue and will be fixed actually in 4.0 Patch 3 it should be fixed.

And i a m sorry if temp fix did not work with you actually it worked well for me.

Regards,

Shweta.

Edited by: Shweta Arunkumar Bodade on Feb 24, 2012 12:49 PM

Edited by: Shweta Arunkumar Bodade on Feb 24, 2012 12:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both David and I confirmed the bugs exist in 4.0.3. How can you say that they've been fixed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I figured out the confusion here.

I am talking here about "MobiServer" version and you are probably talking about "MobiClient" versions.

Well 4.0 Patch 3 is MobiServer patch 3 that i am speaking about.

And 4.1.0 is client version which is due to be released in March that Dave is speaking about, and he is correct the issue will be fixed in that version.

Regards,

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell the MobiServer version that you are using?

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using 4.0.3...