cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing issues in production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I

We are having some printing issues with the term contract (ME21N) in production although everything is working fine in all other systems. I created a new term contract in production and when saved it stayed in my spool and failed to print immediately. I then printed a different FI document in production (that launches the print daemon) and it printed fine to the local printer, without closing the print daemon window I tried printing the term contract and it printed fine this time. So it appears that somehow in production the print daemon window is not able to launch when a term contract is created/saved.

Any idea or any suggestion?

Thanks,

Rajat Garg

Edited by: rajatg on Jan 24, 2012 9:45 PM

Edited by: rajatg on Jan 24, 2012 9:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is issue related to printer configration, so configure the printer which resemble the other system which is giving the correct output by contracting the basis team. may be your issue will be resolved.

As it was told in previous thread if it is ABAP issue spool will not be generated.

Regards,

Goutam Kolluru.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not an ABAP issue, based on the description. This needs to be resolved by a functional consultant (who will need to check the output) and Basis person (who may need to check on the spool / printer side).

If there was an ABAP issue, then spool request would not be generated and there would be an error in the processing log or a short dump.

It seems that you're not familiar with output determination and I'm not sure how to explain it in a single post...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the reply.... I further looked into the issue and when I looked at the SPOOL using SP01, I found that the spool request was there but the status was "ERROR" , when I looked at the events of that particular request, one of the even has this message->"Consistency error: Invalid program status"

Although I looked at the the output of the purchase order I see the following:

Status -> Green

Output-> NEU

and Dispatch time -> 4 i.e. Print Immediately when saved

According to me everything looks ok... can you please let me know if I am assuming a anything wrong here.

Thanks,

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Check for your default setting for the spool requests

t-code SU01D -go to Defaults and make sure Output Immediately check box is enabled under SPOOL section.

Regards,

Srini Chapa.