cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making minor changes directly in Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We found a small bug in Message Mapping that was not caught during testing and transported to Production .

I was wondering if it is ok to directly make the change in Production, Quality, and Development manually, instead of having to go thorugh the transport process?

At a later date, we will be making bigger enhancements to this interface and at that time, we will follow the transport process. Will there be any issues then ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's possible to perform emergency corrections. Check at the bottom of this page: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/54/8b5b0555264a93a679c2117fedc748/frameset.htm

If this is not really an emergency correction (as I guess), and you have time to compliant the transport procedure, you should transport the changes...you'll avoid problems in the future.

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you .. I was just trying to avoid the long drawn procedure involved in getting objects moved from dev-qa-prod . But i have decided from your comments that it makes sense to do the changes cleanly rather than get into issues later .

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

its not advisable....but its ur choice:)

similar discussion:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

I am making the same change in all my environments . It is a very minor change and will take me all of 15 minutes to change it in all 3 landscapes.

Later on, when i do bigger enhacements and use the normal transport process, there would notbe any issues, correct? I saw somthing about Conflicts mentiond n the link you sent me . What is that about ?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are doing changes in 3 environments then do it QA and transport it prod

even doing production not a problem best practices point of view we do it in dev then move to qual then to prod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make, although it is never advisable to perform changes directly on production. Just remember that the change will be overwritten on the next transport, so anyway would be advisable to perform it on QA to avoid reworking.