cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SAP Direction

Former Member
0 Kudos

good morning everyone,

I am a 20 year veteran of SAP. I have worked full time for a number of large employers in the ABAP/technical realm. Mostly doing work for projects from the technical side, abap reporting, automation, some screen program, a lot of LSMW. the problem always was, they need you for awhile, then they dont need you, and they let you go. Now, i am with a small org who put in SAP along with BI. I have been on the BI side(with no experience coming into this job), doing everything from start to finish (reporting with crystal and using BEx), no universes, webi or Xcelcius.

Here is my dilema, I am not certified in anything, but i have a lot of experience. I am thinking that i need a direction, and I believe that BI would be a good one now. My technical background is of great use for BI, but i am not sellable because of lack of certification in BI and only 2 years in BI.

Hopefully someone or many, can give me an idea of the proper path to take in the next 10-15 years of my SAP BI world. I would like to venture out on my own, but i need forthought from the masses. What courses should i take for certification? Since i will need to pay for this on my own, is there a cheaper way to go? can i get the course material and study, then write the certification exam? is it better just to take the courses and write the exam all at once?

Help,

Erik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Since you already have 2 years experience in BI, you can directly write the certification exam. You need to provide your resume with the necessary experience details and that should be confirmed by your company HR. Certification materials can be downloaded from Internet.

Warm regards,

Murukan Arunachalam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Answers (0)