cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting status for billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I read some threads on the above but still has this doubt I have not found the answer.

VBRK-RFBSK = C but when i click the 'accounting' button to see the accounting information for a billing document , the system says, in essence, no accounting document exist for this document, or something like that.

I then checked the document flow and found that there is indeed no accounting document created.

I also checked that there is no accounting entries created by going to VF11. The status shown there is 'incorrect' .

Questions :

0. Does this mean there is data issue with the billing doc that makes posting of accounting entries not possible? How to tell for sure?

1. What could lead to this situation?

If there is no accounting doc created , how can the status be 'C' ?

2. If there was Ever any accounting document created for this billing doc, but subsequently a cancellation was carried out, can the document flow not reflect the accounting docs?

3. What should be the correct status if it is not 'C' to represent that the accounting entries were posted?

Thanks for reading and hope you can clarify for me.

Best regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pascal,

if the billing document has value zero, then it is not relvatn for accounting. In this case the system sets VBRK-RFBSK = C, even if not accounting document exist.

If the billing document has not value zero, then there could be logical system issue. See the SAP note [428856|https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/428856].

The correction report ZZBILRFBSK in SAP note [571073|https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/571073] checks if a billing document, with VBRK-RFBSK = C really has accounting document. If it hasn't, it sets VBRK-RFBSK = A (with option BLOCK), or directly release to FI (option RELEASE).

Best regards,

Ivano.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. What could lead to this situation?

I never experienced a similar scenario. Whenever you save a billing document and status of field RFBSK is set to "C", there should an accounting document for that.

2. If there was Ever any accounting document created for this billing 
         doc, but subsequently a cancellation was carried out, can the 
              document flow not reflect the accounting docs?

Yes it will reflect and in that case, the billing document status would be "E".

3. What should be the correct status if it is not 'C' to represent 
             that the accounting entries were posted?

"C" is the correct status

Last but not least, is this happening to all your billing documents ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi and Ivano

Thank you so much for your expert answers and clarifying my doubts.

Lakshmi, yes, only 1 billing document so far is having this issue.

Ivano , thanks for the useful notes and great tips.

Have a great day everyone!