cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight forwarder in delivery document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

There is partner determination in sales order/deliveries/shipment etc. I have following two questions .

1) We want to trigger an outbound idoc from delivery document to our "freight forwarder". I can just create a partner profile for freight forwarder and then create output records and can trigger an output.............. But for idoc to trigger , do we need to have partner function for freight forwarder in the delivery document ?. If yes, why ?

2) what is the business and technical use of have partners in the documents. Let's say delivery documents. if there are no partners like ship to or sold to party in the deliveries. What impact will it have from business point of view and technical point of view.

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's your answer

1) We want to trigger an outbound idoc from delivery document to our "freight forwarder". I can just create a partner profile for freight forwarder and then create output records and can trigger an output.............. But for idoc to trigger , do we need to have partner function for freight forwarder in the delivery document ?. If yes, why ?

- Technically, you need not have the freight partner in the delivery as long as you set up your logical system and other Idoc config correctly so that the message flows to the intended system

2) what is the business and technical use of have partners in the documents. Let's say delivery documents. if there are no partners like ship to or sold to party in the deliveries. What impact will it have from business point of view and technical point of view.

- If you don't have a Ship-to, it would be impossible for the system to figure out where you are shipping the goods in case you have multiple ship-to. So that's one of the main reasons to have a ship-to. Other reasons I can think of is for reporting purpose, shipment - costing purpose etc.