Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Namespace deletion error for ghost objects

nicola_martella2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi people.

I need to remove a namespace in ESR.

I have first deleted all objects and activated it and then I tried to remove the namespace from the Namespace Definition List.

After removed the namespace item and saving the change, I receive the following error:

Cannot save object Namespace Definition

Namespace cannot be deleted since the software component version still contains objects in namespace http://www.sapcons.com/Edm_EE/

Delete the objects first

In fact, running the Export functionality and saving the summary result in a file I have a list of objects but, at this point, I don't know how to delete. Could be a cache problem? I cleaned all cache available in Administration web page but without result.

Could someone help me?

Ciao

Nicola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

In the tab "change list" of ESR, display the change list of ALL consultants, and check if one of them has an object of this Namespace which is not yet activated. If yes, either talk to your colleague, and use the contextual to transfer his/her change list to yours... and do the necessary.

regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double clicking the software component, delete all the namespaces present in the software component, and do not save it.

Now delete all the default datatypes in all the namespaces present in the software component and now save the software component and activate the changes.

Now double clicking the software component> Goto Software component version menu> from the drop down select the delete option. this will delete the software component from IR.

Now goto SLD and select the software component and remove it.

Then clear the SLD cache. Now the software component will be deleted.

Also refer this blog:

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have deleted all objects under name space then you can easily remove name space from SWC.

it looks cache issue perform full cache refresh