cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selected set assignment to code group

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have maintained a catalog " S", under which i have maintained code groups and codes in QS41, but here the usage indicator is deactive. I cannot select it.

Now when i use QS51,i am unable to view the codes. the selected set is empty. In this case how to assign the code groups and codes to seleccted set.

any help, i am new to qm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear nandi,

Usage indicator will be deactiv till you use it somewhere. it means that you have not used that codegroup in any task list.

This is not related to your problem.

to assign codes to codegroups, QS51, Select applicable Catalog type, Plant and Enter.

There will be standard Selected sets, if you want to create New selected set, go to New entries.

Enter Selected set say 050, Short text and its Status.

Select this Selected set, Click on "Selected Set Codes". you will find it in "Dialog Structure" on left side.

Here you can maintain Codes in 050 selected set.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

As said, i have done the specified things, but in back end . Does this effect anywhere.

also system asks for valuation , which i am not seeing anywhere in the qs51 screen.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There was bug where codes would not display properly.

Please see if OSS notes 1078292 applies. If it does then you will also want to check 1091604.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

First make sure that all the code are released and then combine them to create selected set.

Valuation :Selected sets from the catalog types Characteristic attribute and Usage decision also contain a valuation for each code, as additional information (Accepted or Rejected). Follow-up actions can be triggered directly from these codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sujit,

I have released all the codes, but how to combine them.

also i want to know , whether valuation is possible only for Characteristics attributes(1) and Usage decision(3).

Since i want to add some new codes in Defects(9), but valuation checkbox is not selected. Can u guide me as to how to select this .or is this by default

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is some confusion you have in code gr & selected set.

In simple words -->in QS41 you create defect codes & code gr for catalo types like 1,3,9 etc.

But in QS51 you combine different codes from code grs to form selected sets.Practically selected sets are only used for Characteristics attributes(1) and Usage decision(3) and by default they carry valuations.

For catalog defect type (9) I would suggest to add and create your own codes and code groups as per business requirement in QS41.You should not actually create selected set for catalog 9.

for more details refer :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/2d/3508f6448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm