cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC receiver MS SQL Server encryptation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to configure a communication channel from a PI 7.0 to MS SQL Server 2005 database to execute updates. I have already deployed the com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver driver.

I have been asked whether SSL encryptation can be used. I have found an example for an Oracle database. The following aditional parameters can be specified:

driver.oracle.net.encryption_clien = ACCEPTED

driver.oracle.net.encryption_types_client = RC4_40

driver.oracle.net.crypto_checksum_client = ACCEPTED

driver.oracle.net.crypto_checksum_types_client = MD5

Does anybody know if these or similar parameters can be used for the SQL Server Driver?

Thanks in advanced for your advice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think so betetr to google it. driver files usually different and depends on data base vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your answer. This is what I am trying to do, but so far I haven't found what I need.

I know I can always go for a custom module in the adapter, but it would be a lot of effort compared with using the right parameters in the driver, if this parameters exist at all.

Anybody has had to do the same before (applying encryptation to a JDBC channel using the MS SQL Server driver) and can provide me with some advise?

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have created my own discussion hoping to get an answer, but please let me know if you found a way to make this work.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3328502

Best regards and with fingers crossed,

Emil Jessen

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Does anybody know if these or similar parameters can be used for the SQL Server Driver?

Search in microsoft SQL Server web link for this. Sure, you cannot use the same oracle syntax for SQL Server. Plus what SQL Server do you use ? These server encryption are required to configure at database server too. If the version what do you use does not suppor then there is no point in configuring at the channel side.

The oracle parameters are supported only Oracle 10 and above versions only. I believe you are referring this link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/EncryptioninscenariosinvolvingJDBCAdapterwithOracleDatabase