Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of New Page in SAP Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please advice when will a new page trigger in SAP Script :

As per my requirement I need to create a new page for an existing layout and make changes to the second page alone...

but this page should be triggered only for a specific condition. Is it possible to trigger second page when it satisfies certain conditon?

I have searched SDN regarding the same but most of them have recommended to use NEW-PAGE...but as per my understanding NEW-PAGE is used when certain data needs to be printed on the next page ( not on the new page ).

Thanks

Karthik.R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member230486
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Call the function module START_FORM and pass the STARTPAGE parameter for which page you want to display in the condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

Its my suggestion if you face many difficulties in achieving the new page in SAP scripts you can go for smart forms.

There you can easily achieve this situation by using alternatives and commands. Also its easy to transform the SAP Script to smart forms.

There are many links available in SDN for it and for adding page breaks using commands and alternatives you can see my wiki which will be useful for you.

Link: [Page break in smartforms|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=261457903]

If you have a specific requirement that this needs to be done only in SAP script please revert back to me i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari;

Thank you !!

Its needs to be done in Script only as its invoice ( and my client won't agree to do so )...

Please can you advice..what needs to be done in order to achieve this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok friend,

Try using the conditions in your driver program using 'CONTROL_FORM' function module. or using some other condition in it.

You can also give conditions in text editors and you can trigger the pages.

i think these links will help you in solving your solution just check these Link: [new page based on condition in sap script|; this is just an hint from this you can develop the idea.

Link: [Breaks in Smartforms|;.

Also there are other few related links in SDN which will help you.

I think this must solve your issue if you still face any queries please revert back to me i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

former_member200345
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use START_FORM & END_FORM independentely for the both pages.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Vijaymadhur.

Edited by: vijaymadhur papabathini on Jan 25, 2012 11:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

I think , in your Print program you can check your condition .

if your condition is satisfied , then there you can trigger NEWPAGE Command .

Thanks.

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u try

/: NEW-PAGE <pagename>

Former Member
0 Kudos

No its not working....

NEW-PAGE is used when you dont want to display something in the main page but need to display in the next page.

here my second page is having different data.

Edited by: Karthik R on Jan 24, 2012 8:17 PM

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No its not working....

>

> NEW-PAGE is used when you dont want to display something in the main page but need to display in the next page.

>

> here my second page is having different data.

>

> Edited by: Karthik R on Jan 24, 2012 8:17 PM

when u say second page is having different data, do u mean different layout or entirely different data set to be displayed, because i had advised you to call another page if its a case of calling a different layout with same data continuing, but if thats not the case then you may have to drive it through print program, it cant be done from script.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik Tarla;

Let me explain more clearly:

When ever I trigger an invoice for a certain output type : Two pages should be triggered by default.

Second page will have same data as from the fist page....with slight changes like ship to address and other hardcoded changes.

Now I want to make changes in such a way that; If I make any changes for first page it should not effect second page and vice versa...

Its like taking two copies of invoice at the same time ( with slight changes in both the pages )

Please advice