Abu Fathima

Edited by: Abu Fathima on Jan 24, 2012 12:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Class characteristics and MICs work in conjunction. As mentioned, when the two are applied together, the inspection results are transferred to batches (albeit with some settings). Thus, you have materials in classes (001), Batches in classes (022 and 023 at material/plant level). Classification works best with Batch management.

For example: you have a particular chemical. Say: Ethanol. This material is produced in batches. Each batch may have a concentration of ethanol concentration in it. Thus, you can classify the batches for different concentration of ethanol.

When materials are batch managed and classified: it makes it easy for locating a batch with particular properties as required by the customers. This is a very very brief description of the topic. Please go through the links provided, for better understanding. In addition you need to go through help notes and do a bit of practice. Regards, KrishnaM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below links. you will get idea

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/2d/350a19448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Hari

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply

Pls clarify following more points.

1.when we create class by CL01 which is the class type we need to select(023 or 005)

2.when we create MIC and we assign classification it defaulty coming to 005 ...is it the default

3.after this whether we need to assign these class to material master classification view?

Thanks in advance

Abu Fathima

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) based on your batch level setting only one or the other will be allowed. 022 for plant level batches, 023 for material or client level batches.

2 and 3) we rarely classify MIC's. The classification is done in the classification view of the material master. Not in the MIC.

FF

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear FF

Thank you for the answer

One clarification pls

While we creating a MIC there is a button for Classification

So please tell me we need to assign anything under this area

Abu Fathima

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you do not need to assign anything under that classification button in the MIC. I have never actually used it for a client anywhere.

FF

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast reply

i have done some R&D on this subject please see the step i followed

Create a characteristic CT04

Create a class CL04

Assign characteristic to class

Assign this class to material master

(while assigning the class system asking some value under general tab ..What it mean)????

Now i done RR and UD

Now i didnt understand any difference of the process after assigning Class characteristic

Please tell me how we can get a report of batch wise RR

Thanks in advance

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please an old posting of mine where I went into quite a bit of detail on the MIC/general characteristic link.

If you study it a bit, it should help

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=337723&p=1025772&hilit=Materialspecificationtransfertobatch#p1025772

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

charactarestic in result recording : In simple words when you use class charactarestic in MIC it help you to transfer the result from MIC to batch associate with that lot( when Batch also uses same class char in it)