cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transpotation among three servers .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru ,

I am New in Sap Basis , I have three servers .

DEV , QUT , PRD.

in DEV I have create 200 client which in a copy of 001 client . After configuration in Development server . I need to create

300 Client in QUT server . using SCC4 T.Code .

My question in that

i)Should 300 is also a copy of 001 client . then transport the all request .

ii)300(QUA) is a copy of 200(DEV) client Using Export and import.

or something else .

Please inform me the actual process of DEV , QUT , PRD.

Thanks & Regard

SAURAV KUMAR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

There are 2 cases,

1- if you have installed your DEV server only and and handed over to your development team,

Then you have to setup virtual TMS configuration.

2- if you have installed your QAS and PRD also.

Then you have to setup extended configuration.

for this you have to logged in on client 000 on dev sever and make it domain controller.and configure TMS.

After configuration of TMS you can move your all the development to QAS and PRD.

Thanks

Sadiq

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

here are the answers to your queries:

1. Should 300 is also a copy of 001 client . then transport the all request .

--> is your system PI? it is recommanded for PI system to perform local client copy with source client as 001. else for new client creation , consider source client as 000.

refer link , useful to perfom this operation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c5b4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Once you create a new client 300, dont be in hurry to migrade transport requests of development system . If you have decided to make Qua-300 client copy of Dev -200 client , then there is no need to seperatly import TRs,

2. 300(QUA) is a copy of 200(DEV) client Using Export and import.

or something else

--> there are 2 ways to copy client accorss the system.

a. client export import : it uses STMS configuration method and respective transport request need to migrate

b. remote client copy : it uses RFC destination details to perform copy. in this method both source (Dev-200) and destination (qua-300) shuld be locked while performing the copy.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

1)Should 300 is also a copy of 001 client . then transport the all request .

==> When you install a fresh system, you need a create a new client as a copy of client 000 and not client 001.

ii)300(QUA) is a copy of 200(DEV) client Using Export and import or something else .

You need to transport all the configurations done in development to QAS using Transport Management system

Regards,

Deepak Kori