cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling workflow in sourcing7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using sourcing 7. My question is, how do I cancel a workflow? I do not see Workflow Definitions -> Current Workflow Processes in sourcing 7.

Scenario: Contract document is submitted for approval. Approvers receive an email to take necessary action on the document.

System admin logs in and wants to cancel the workflow. After this the Approvers should not see the pending action item and contract document status will move back to previous phase.

Appreciate any help.

Regards

Moumita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

If a Sourcing document is in workflow, it can be cancelled using the following steps.

Navigate to Set up --> System Set up --> Workflow --> Workflow Definitions -->

When you open the list of workflow definitions, on the top right hand side there will be a toolbar named Reports. If you run that, it will display the pending documents that are awaiting approvals. There will be a red "X" which will allow you to cancel that specific workflow.

Note that once the workflow in canceled the document will remain in the same phase in which the workflow occurred. Canceling the workflow will only remove the system lock. The Contract Owner will need to moved to the desired phase, based on the configuration of the Contract Document phase definition.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

You can find it in Setup->System setup->workflow->workflow definitions

Then select the workflow at which the document got locked and click on Reports tab where you shall find current workflow processes. then you can cancel the workflow for required document.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uday.

Regards

Moumita

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Your solution works well if the administrator wants to cancel the workflow. Consider the scenario where the requester (Contract Document creator) wants to cancel the workflow from the Contract document itself by adding a new Toolbar button 'Cancel Workflow'.

I have added this button to Contract Document, now I am struggling to write script for cancelling the active workflow of the document, Can you please guide me?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Palz..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palz & Moumita,

In our landscape we have enabled cancel on Contract Document screen with following option

1) Copy the standard report for cancelling Workflow and create one restricted to the current Contract Document (This can be done with a hidden filter) - Note for this type of query to work, a new Query group has to be created for Contract Document since the hidden filter would be of Object Picker type

2) Create a new report for the custom query

3) Add this report to the "Document Report Configuration" for Contract Document

To Cancel the workflow -

1) Open the Contract Document in Workflow

2) Go to Reports on Contract Document toolbar and run the report to cancel Workflow

3) New pop up window opens with option to Cancel the Workflow

Regards,

Balaji

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Thank you so much for your inputs, your logic gave me clarity on building the solution. I have found the standard report/query 'Current Workflow Processes’; it gives a list of active workflow processes. While continuing my analysis I came across below issues, can you please suggest me how can I proceed here?

1. How to filter the workflow processes specific to the document type (Contract Document) & Contract number (Ex. Contract_1)?
  2. What would be the Category & Class ID while creating Query group?
  3. Can you elaborate how I can add this Query Group to Document Report Configuration to get the report active on Contract document only?
  4. If possible, can you share the screen shot of your system, how this link (to report) does appear on Contract document.

Thanks in advance.

Palz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palz,

Is this solved? If so how did you customized std. report with hidden filters,can you please guide me on this.

We are also having exactly same requirement - had added new toolbar button 'Cancel workflow' in contract document itself and looking for script code for cancellation.

Thanks,

Divya