cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odata client library in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

There are loads of consumer libraries for ODATA out there for a number of languages. I just wonder if there is such a thing in ABAP or planned to be made available in ABAP. I.e. I want to consume ODATA from an ABAP program (and not parse anything myself, which I actually would know how to do, but which is not a simple task at all).

Any clues?

regards, anton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

Is rather old post, but I was wondering if you had any solution for your requirement?

I am faced with the similar situation but couldn't find anything which can help.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Ravi

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Further to what Gregor already said, Gateway (and OData) represent an approach to data-centric integration. It makes more sense to have the producer to be able to consume too. This opens up the possibilities for data-centric loosely coupled integration scenarios within the SAP landscape. And SAP is nothing if not about integration.

dj

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I like your question Anton and I think I known about the answer.

Let's hear from the other if there're good news.

Sergio

former_member182048
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked a similar question at TechEd this year, consuming OData feeds and generating ABAP proxies

The answer i got suggested a feature will be there in future releases.

Maybe one of the Gateway Product managers can give an ETA of when and how?

Cheers

JSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh, intersting by the way I am not an ABAPer I am much onto the client developement(iOS & android), I would like to know why do we need to have a library in ABAP, is there any handled device or any hardware understands the language of ABAP?

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is the [Caffeine - ABAP to Go|https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/groups/caffeine] on Code Exchange who is aimed to provide an ABAP environment on mobile devices. But beside that I think a possibility to consume OData Services from within ABAP would broaden the possibilities. OData is called ODBC for the Web in some slides by SAP that I've seen. So I think the ABAP stack should be able speak it also from the client side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

That's an Awesome thing which you have I didnt knew that, so I would like to know more about Caffeine, using Caffeine, what I can do is I will write the code in ABAP, and I will publish it as a jar, I will use caffeine, and there I will make use of the jar files and then I will generate thhe iOS code.

Is Caffeine acts as a pass through?,.... .... Is it kind of SUP ? ?

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla