cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Webi in BO4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

After install BO4 in a server with Windows Server 2008 64 bit, when I start web intelligence and try to create a new report or open a test/example report, the program stops and shows the error WIS 30270.

The error message is:

An internal error occured while calling 'initInstance' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270) (WIS 30270)

And the full description is::

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationE xception$UnexpectedServerException: An internal error occured while calling 'initInstance' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBu ilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:144)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBu ilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:101)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler .java:127)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.Abstr actServer.processIt(AbstractServer.java:178)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.Abstr actServer.process(AbstractServer.java:133)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.Insta nceServer.process(InstanceServer.java:94)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.Insta nceServer.init(InstanceServer.java:82)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.Insta nceServerServiceImpl.createServer(InstanceServerSe rviceImpl.java:90)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.Docume ntInstanceManagementServiceImpl.createServerCaller Reader(DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.java: 651)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.Docume ntInstanceManagementServiceImpl.internalNewDocumen t(DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.java:589)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.Docume ntInstanceManagementServiceImpl.newDocument(Docume ntInstanceManagementServiceImpl.java:111)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.document.Docu mentAccessCommonImpl.createDocument(DocumentAccess CommonImpl.java:85)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.SessionContext.createD ocument(SessionContext.java:256)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.NewDocTaskInfos.createNewDoc ument(NewDocTaskInfos.java:67)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.NewBlankDocTask.doIt(NewBlan kDocTask.java:56)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.NewBlankDocTask.doIt(NewBlan kDocTask.java:25)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.tasks.WebITask.doInBackgro und(WebITask.java:113)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unkn own Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.ServerExceptio n: An internal error occured while calling 'initInstance' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.newServerException(CommonRequestHand ler.java:260)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.createAllServerExceptions(CommonRequ estHandler.java:238)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler .java:121)

... 21 more

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.ServerExceptio n: Exception caught:ASFException:repo_proxy 23 FolderFacade::getRootFolderInfo - check rights has failed One or more arguments are invalid.(hr=#0x0)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.newServerException(CommonRequestHand ler.java:260)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.createAllServerExceptions(CommonRequ estHandler.java:236)

... 22 more

I followed the installation guide on Windows Sever 2008 that indicates that I must run the installation program (setup.exe) as administrator by clicking the right mouse button but still does not work and I don't know what else to try.

I would appreciate your help, I don't know what to do.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

- What's your SP and Patch version please?

- What db vendor, version, patch level, and connectivity/middleware is being used here for the datasource ?

- Does this test work from the webi desktop rich client ?

- Are your processing servers up and running in CMC ?

BTW - i believe this is a RIGHTs issue : << repo_proxy 23 FolderFacade::getRootFolderInfo - check rights has failed >>

suggests that your BO users doesn't have sufficient permissions on the public folders.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

- What's your SP and Patch version please? SP2 and Patch 10

- What db vendor, version, patch level, and connectivity/middleware is being used here for the datasource ? Oracle 11g R2 Client 64 bit

- Does this test work from the webi desktop rich client ? The test is made from the rich client

- Are your processing servers up and running in CMC ? I have SIA and Tomcat running.

I also think it's a problem with permissions but the only user in my server is the Administrator with the default settings after the installation of Windows Server 2008. UAC is enabled, I tried disabling UAC but it didn't work.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was thinking BusinessObjects rights in the CMC.

think uou need to get your administrator to grant you Full permissions to the top-level folder, and/or add yo uto the Admin group.

you should make sure you have middlware installed on your Client o/s

you should also be mindful about the difference of connecting your client in 2- or 3- tier modes

also, do try your workflow over the webi using BILaunchPad

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a mistake. The test is made from the BI Launch Pad executed in the computer where the BO4 server is installed, not from the rich client or from another computer. Sorry about that.

The test is made from the BI Launch Pad logged as Administrator. There's no other users created in the system right now, only the user Administrator, so Administrator is in the Administrator Group with the default rights after the installation of BO4 server.

So the workflow is, I log in the BI Launch Pad as Administrator, upper menu click on Applications, click on Web Intelligence, then I try to create a new document and the error shows up.

Sorry for the mistake.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. As a first point of call, I still think you should explicitly Grant full-access to the 'top level folder' for:

- Connections

- Universes

- Folders

2. Also, you are looking in the wrong places for server status. SIA is found under the CCM. You need the CMC ! Check that the WebI Processing Server is enabled and running.

3. You can also set a Trace Log to High from here, reproduce your error, and analyze the logs in the Logging folder for root-cause. (which is what you should do next)

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Finally I've found a solution.

It's a combination of several things.

First. The regional settings on Windows 2008 must be in English (UK). I'm spanish and my W2k8 was configured with the spanish regional settings. So I changed the regional settings to English UK

Second. I went to CCM (Central Configuration Manager) and I changed one parameter in the Server Intelligence Agent Properties. The checkbox Log on System Account was marked, I unmarked that and I put manually the Administrator account and the password.

Hope it can help.

Thanks. Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Felix:

I am facing the same problem, also in Madrid :-), with a Windows 2008R2 SP1 Spanish.

With same error: An internal error occured while calling 'initInstance' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270) (WIS 30270)

Afeter installing BO 4

I changed local settings to English (UK) in Control Panel.

I changed user for SIA service in CCM (Administración de Configuración Central), putting an Administrator for W2k8 (my user) and password as user for SIA

No success.

Did you make the changes BEFORE installing BO4 ?

Can you give me your personal email or phone number, and would be so kind to help?

Thankyou

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

this is an old thread and the error can mean lots of things please open a separate thread with as many details as you can.

PS please don't ask for personal details, who wants to share them puts them in the contact card / profile.  

For more information please see the Rules of Engagement

Thanks!

Best regards,

Simone Caneparo

SCN Discussions Moderator

0 Kudos

The problem was solved only after installing BO 4.0 in an ENGLISH language Operating System: It failed with W2008 Server SP2 (Spanish) & W7 (Spanish).

Thank you anyway

Answers (0)