Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem with Webi in BO4

Hello.

After install BO4 in a server with Windows Server 2008 64 bit, when I start web intelligence and try to create a new report or open a test/example report, the program stops and shows the error WIS 30270.

The error message is:

An internal error occured while calling 'initInstance' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270) (WIS 30270)

And the full description is::

com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.CommunicationE xception$UnexpectedServerException: An internal error occured while calling 'initInstance' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBu ilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:144)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.exception.ExceptionBu ilder.make(ExceptionBuilder.java:101)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler .java:127)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.Abstr actServer.processIt(AbstractServer.java:178)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.Abstr actServer.process(AbstractServer.java:133)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.Insta nceServer.process(InstanceServer.java:94)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.Insta nceServer.init(InstanceServer.java:82)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.Insta nceServerServiceImpl.createServer(InstanceServerSe rviceImpl.java:90)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.Docume ntInstanceManagementServiceImpl.createServerCaller Reader(DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.java: 651)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.Docume ntInstanceManagementServiceImpl.internalNewDocumen t(DocumentInstanceManagementServiceImpl.java:589)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.impl.services.Docume ntInstanceManagementServiceImpl.newDocument(Docume ntInstanceManagementServiceImpl.java:111)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.document.Docu mentAccessCommonImpl.createDocument(DocumentAccess CommonImpl.java:85)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.SessionContext.createD ocument(SessionContext.java:256)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.NewDocTaskInfos.createNewDoc ument(NewDocTaskInfos.java:67)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.NewBlankDocTask.doIt(NewBlan kDocTask.java:56)

at com.sap.webi.ui.tasks.NewBlankDocTask.doIt(NewBlan kDocTask.java:25)

at com.sap.webi.toolkit.ui.tasks.WebITask.doInBackgro und(WebITask.java:113)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unkn own Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.ServerExceptio n: An internal error occured while calling 'initInstance' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.newServerException(CommonRequestHand ler.java:260)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.createAllServerExceptions(CommonRequ estHandler.java:238)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.afterProcessing(CommonRequestHandler .java:121)

... 21 more

Caused by: com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.ServerExceptio n: Exception caught:ASFException:repo_proxy 23 FolderFacade::getRootFolderInfo - check rights has failed One or more arguments are invalid.(hr=#0x0)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.newServerException(CommonRequestHand ler.java:260)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.common.CommonR equestHandler.createAllServerExceptions(CommonRequ estHandler.java:236)

... 22 more

I followed the installation guide on Windows Sever 2008 that indicates that I must run the installation program (setup.exe) as administrator by clicking the right mouse button but still does not work and I don't know what else to try.

I would appreciate your help, I don't know what to do.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello.

Finally I've found a solution.

It's a combination of several things.

First. The regional settings on Windows 2008 must be in English (UK). I'm spanish and my W2k8 was configured with the spanish regional settings. So I changed the regional settings to English UK

Second. I went to CCM (Central Configuration Manager) and I changed one parameter in the Server Intelligence Agent Properties. The checkbox Log on System Account was marked, I unmarked that and I put manually the Administrator account and the password.

Hope it can help.

Thanks. Regards.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question