cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP EHP 5 - Activating Embeded Analytics (dashboards)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We (the basis team+BI team) have been trying to activate the dashboards that apparently come embedded in SAP ERP EHP 5. To test the functionality, we were hoping to demo the Cash Management Dashboards. Unfortunately non of the Dashboards are even listed on the NWBC (role cash management) after activation. We have activated the Reporting Financials 3 and 2. And have activated the Dashboard in RSOR in our ERP system. We also ran the BI Content Activation (workbench). We have replicated all Source Systems.

We feel we are maybe missing something. Could someone please share some light with regards to the following understanding:

1. We only need the ERP EHP 5 ABAP system (with BI content and BI Content Extension)

2. No Portal or any java instances (with BI Java Components) is required

3. A simple role (which one) should be enough to show the dashboards

4. We are using Scenario 2 for dashboards (i..e we are not planning to create our own therefore do not need Xcelsius Designer)

Your response will highly appreciated

kind regards

Ronny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those struggling with the same, here's what I've found (and got to work) so far:

1. BI Java is required (install the latest) .  So does the portal for Runtime environment for your dashboards

2. Define the BI (Abap AS) system on the portal 

3. Run the BI Daignostic/service Desk tool to resolve any issues (e.g. Flash error - unable to access external data) Specifically the URL:

http://<Host name >:<port numebr>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.ip.bi.supportdesk.default

4. Take a look at this document (regarding setting up BEX WEB configuration)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00c4742a-3a4b-2b10-b4ae-b03d08bcd...

5. Create a Role to access the reports from NWBC (transaction PFCG)

6. If its CRM, make sure CRM interactive reporting is configured fully before you even begin trying to run any of the dashboards

I hope this helps

Ronny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ronny,

I really want to activate the embedded analytic dashboard too and would like to know the prerequisite.

If we only have the SAP ERP EHP5, is it enough to use the embedded analytic dashboard? Do we need a separate BI and BO server?

As you mentioned above, how to  Define the BI (Abap AS) system on the portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warot

The last time I was involved with this I needed the following components; assuming you are:

• NOT building your own dashboards (to design your own, you need the Dashboard Designer),
  • you are only using crystal reports simply to format abap lits - i.e. for true crystal reporting you need a BO server

Then the SAP ERP EHP 5 is all you need and a Java Runtime engine to render the reports.  If you have a portal, even better.  No need to install a separate BI, you do however have to install and activate the BI content on the ERP system (which basically utilized the NW AS that the ERP is running on... you end with a BI system and ERP system in one basically). Although it is possible to integrate to an already existing BI instance. Just ensure that you install the latest BI content that will have the Embedded analytics reports/queries/objects etc)

What I mean by defining the BI instance, is create a system of type BI on the Portal if you already have a portal installed.

As I said, I haven't done this in a while, so a lot could have changed since then.  I do believe SAP has put up a section specifically for Embedded anlytics for Business Suite since then on SCN.  Please so a search around http://scn.sap.com/community/embedded-analytics/

Ronny

Answers (0)