Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC10 --> Duel - Role based and structural based prov. ( Is this posible? )

former_member274402
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

We have the following scenario in our organization and wondered if someone out there have the same scenario and successfully implemented GRC10 around the scenario?

We have an ERP system that entertains both structural authorizations for our HR module and role based authorizations the rest of our ERP modules. We have now successfully implemented the non HR module on 10. We now have a request from business to provision the structural authorizations.

We had an issue on 5.3 to entertain the requirement. But it was said that 10 has the ability to provision both role and structural. Is this true? If yes and implemented or in the process of implementing ...

Please let me know via the forum.

Regards, Melvin

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

Could you please provide me information about how did you resolve structural authorization and GRC10.0? Any document you review or something similar.

Thanks in advanced!

0 Kudos

Hi,

We left HR for phase two of the project we only went live with role based authorizations within 10.

We will only do HR risk analysis on HR and nothing else. We will investigate on a later stage, lets keep in touch for knowledge sharing

Regards, Melvin

0 Kudos

Ok!

We'll be in touch then.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

I presume the next step is to implement the HR triggers (via BRF+ rules) once you are ready for the next phase.

0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

But it could be possible to analyze with SAP GRC ARA 10.0 structural authorization (PD profile)? they are not base over authorization objects.

Thank you in advanced.

0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

I do not think it is possible to perform risk analysis on PD profiles directly. The only options are users, Roles, profiles or HR Objects.

Simon

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

Yes, you can use GRC 10 ARM to manage the provisioning of PD Profiles. You can also manage them through BRM as you would any other roles.

S

0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

I am aware that AC allows the use of ARM to provision PD profiles. Can you confirm if the provisioning is performed to user ID's or positions? or both?

Also, I would appreciate links to documentation related to this subject.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Mauro