cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ21 - ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED when adding a new system

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I installed saphostagent on a sateliete system (Linux suse 10 with Oracle 11) to be able to monitor the system with our SolutionManager.

Our Solution Manager is on 7.01 EHP1 support pack 8.(WIndows 2003 with SQLserver 2005)

When I try to add the system to be monitored in Solution Manager with transaction RZ21 I get an error.

In RZ21 : --> technical infrastructure --> configure central system --> create remote monitoring entry

I fill in all the details, and when I save, I get the following error message:

SOAP:1.023 SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework: ("ICF Error when receiving the response: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED")"

I found SAPnote 1450589, which descibes the error, but unfortunately our system is already on the mentioned support pack in this note, so this note is not applicable for us.

Does anyone got an idea on what can be causing this error?

Thanks in advance,

Menno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ICF errors nt the program errors, it is just the connection failure errors,

please check the RFC for the managed system which you maintained in the remote monitoring entry in RZ21.

please correct that RFC connection, it could be any reason,check this too

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwes70/helpdata/en/45/eea8864e134f858b4d561f53058412/content.htm

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

To my understanding, SAPHOSTAGENT is not using sm59 RFC's anymore for the connection, but it goes through a webservice.

I can see the webservice it has created in SOAMANAGER, but I get the same ICM error when I test that connection in RZ21.(agents for remote SAP system)

any ideas of why this is failing ?

it is an ABAP system only I try to connect to....

Best regards,

Menno