cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel Template - Changes not reflecting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Trying to implement Communiaiton Channel Template for my scenario. I created the CC template in ESR and applied this to a new channel in ID. Was able to view the channel parameters which was configured initially. But when I try to change any channel paramter in the template, im expecting it to reflect in the channel used, but it does not.

Can anyone tell what could be the reason ? Could this be due to any cache issue, or the CC template parameters after applying becomes local to the channel used, and does not get sync up when any changes made to the template ?

Regards,

Parimala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone tell what could be the reason ? Could this be due to any cache issue, or the CC template parameters after applying becomes local to the channel used, and does not get sync up when any changes made to the template ?

The CC template is just a template, to readjust the CC you need to reapply your template by clicking edit button -> Communication Channel -> apply template. I think it is designed this way, imagine if all the comm channels that used your template is adjusted.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Actually I intented to use CC template as we require to create multiple communication channels ( say 100 channels) having same channel parameters. We are in the initial stages of development, where the channel parameters are not finalized yet. So when we wanted to update the actual parameters, this should help me in updating in one place and the same should reflect in all channels using this. But let me know if this really won't help for my scenarios if I have to reapply this again.

Regards,

Parimala

Edited by: ParimalaE on Jan 24, 2012 8:48 AM

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

So when we wanted to update the actual parameters, this should help me in updating in one place and the same should reflect in all channels using this. But let me know if this really won't help for my scenarios if I have to reapply this again.

Yes it won't help because you need to reapply. I'm afraid there is no workaround, you have already tested it

Regards,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Jan 24, 2012 8:56 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could be a cache issue. try to refresh the both cache. it will reflect.

if it not reflect then try for sld cache also....

Regards

Gagandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gagandeep, cache clear did not help

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Try to reactivate in ESR and re import in ID.

Thanks

Gagandeep.