cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Loading cursor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus,

I have a problem with my Web Dynpro Application hope you could resolve that.

In my application I am getting data from the back end and I am creating PDF using Interactive forms, the PDF is being displayed in an external window and it takes

Some time for the PDF to load.

Now I require to display some text/animation/busy cursor to the particular view so that the user does not get confused and is know what is happening,

So in brief I want to display a Page Loading animation or cursor in my external window that is being triggered.

Thanks and regards,

kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the message

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Gopi,

your requirement is a typical use case for the Web Dynpro TimedTrigger UI element. The ProgressIndicator is not applicable in your situation, as it does not "progress from 0-100%" in sync with the PDF retrieval process on serverside. Its state info is bound to a context attribute and does consequently not change without server interaction.

<b>TimedTrigger Based Solution</b>

Imagine you have a button that triggers an action which (sometimes) runs for a very long time (from the user's point of view, i.e. anything beyond 10 s or so). You would like to inform the user in such cases. How could you do that?

Place a <u>disabled</u> timed trigger on your view. You can then check in the action's event handler if this is one of the cases that probably takes very long. If so, you enable the timed trigger with the shortest possible delay (currently 1 s), post a suitable message to the user ("Please hold the line") and immediately return. Timed trigger will call you back very soon and in that other action you <u>disable</u> the trigger (<b>important</b>!), remove the message, and do the real work: retrieving the PDF resource from the backend.

Best regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

You face same issue while opening any PDF documents on Internet also . In all PDF creation applications it needs to download whole PDF document before it shows to the end user .

To add some animation while the PDF document loading you can use process indicator component in your view design .

Please let me know if you need any further info

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Please let me know how to use process indicator component in my view design.

Thanks

Kris