Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW to File(WMS)

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on a proxy to flat file (Append mode) scenario.

Data is coming from a BW system and the vloume is huge ( lakhs of records ) ....

My question is If I ask the ABAP guys to spilt the data into batches and send it to PI, Is there a possibility that while PI is writing the first batch of data into the flat file ....another batch of data comes from BW and PI parallely starts APPENDING those records as well in the flat file.....

My concern is because the flat file will be in append mode...Also can I have some suggestions on the design

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Select EOIO processing and append mode in communictaion channel and go with yur approach

Regards,

Raj

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Can I directly specify any Queue name according to my wish in the receciver channel or do i have to create the Q in some transaction and then specify it there

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

eter any dummy name and select maintain order runtime in interface determination.

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I suppose "maintain order at runtime" in the Interface detr. is for the case where we have 2 mappings and we want to execute them in sequence....

In my case I have only mapping...Do I still need it??

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

execute order runtime is moreles same as EOIO,that means it process files in sequence order , like sender system order

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

so do I need to specify both EOIO in the rec channel and maintian order at runtime...Or only EOIO is OK??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hema, Raj,

maybe I'm wrong (perhaps) , but for me there is neither EOIO option in a Sender Proxy CC (XI adapter), nor in a Receiver File adapter... So...

Here's a solution to chunk proxy messages to a file (a litle complex): [blog 19478|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/19478] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Moreover, if you want to send proxy from Abap (BW) to PI, by specifying an EOIO mode, you can do it in Abap:

* create proxy client
CREATE OBJECT lo_clientProxy.

* specify queue id
lo_async_messaging ?= lo_clientProxy->get_protocol( if_wsprotocol=>async_messaging ).
lo_async_messaging->set_serialization_context('YourQueue').

TRY.
CALL METHOD lo_clientproxy->YourMethod
   EXPORTING
       output = YourOutput.

COMMIT WORK.

CATCH cx_ai_system_fault INTO lo_sys_exception.
*       Error handling
ENDTRY.

Mickael

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think Michaels comment makes sense...As there is no EOIO on the receiver adapter ....Can I do it on the sender proxy side.()

Will this serve my purpose of sending the Proxy data in sequence till the APPEND in the receiver file is done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hema,

yes you can use directly this blog "4224" if you have a PI 7.0, but use my code if you have a PI 7.1 or PI7.11, coz "asynch" method has not the same name...

note: the blog 19478 is to know and to give the target file to third-party only when this file is complete. with an Append mode, you never really know if the appending is finished or not. So that depends of your needs.

Mickael

Answers (0)