cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How system calculate permission rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Suppose Function A has 3 TCODES and Function B has 2 TCODES.

Risk has been defined from above 2 functions. If we run the risk analysis we will get 6 action level risks.

Now coming to the permission level:

if I enable one authorization object with multiple fields and values for each TCODE in both the functions.

How system will calculate the rules. I would like to know in terms of 9 digit permission rule ID.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ammu,

You'll find a nice example in the following note: Note 1542565 - Mitigations at Action versus Permission level

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your information.i have gone through the SAP note.

here what i want to know exactly, about the 9 digit permission rule ID.

Howmany authorization objects and authorization fields I enabled for each function, RAR always showing last two digits of the 9 digit permission rule ID is 01 for example, PR0100101

SAP note says that "an action level rule only has 1 permission level rule associated with it"

that means in any case or any possibility we can not see permission rule ID like PR0100102 ?

Hope you got my point.

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand your question. Last two digits are also 01 in my case. Check also:

Note 1310365 - Maximum number of rules that can be generated

That's why there's a limit of rules. Last two digits seem to be reserved for other purposes, but I really don't know what for.

Could be Logical/Physical systems IDs??

I couldn't find any documentation regarding this... hope someone can clarify on this point.

Cheers,

Diego.