cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring and sending alerts for IDocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have Idoc scenarios both outbound and inbound.

My requirement is that whenever an Idoc goes into error state an alert should be sent to a specified person automatically.

Please also let me know ways to reprocess Inbound and outbound Idocs.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ask ABAP team to handle this requirement in ECC level, they can easily do it.because fwe can view IDoc status in ECC it self so handling this in ECC is right idea.

Meanwhile implement standard ALERT framework in PI to cover PI errors.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Idoc scenarios both outbound and inbound.

My requirement is that whenever an Idoc goes into error state an alert should be sent to a specified person automatically.

Please also let me know ways to reprocess Inbound and outbound Idocs.

Generally we are not configure PI/XI between idoc to idoc scenario, we need to send data based on condition / centarla monitoring at the time we have to use XI/PI .

Please refer below link for how to handle Error message on pi stack by using Alerts:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172...

ABAP team to handle this requirement On ECC level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,can anyone tell me that its whose resposibility then to monitor and reprocess the idocs in case of errors.

ABAP or PI?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its the developers responsibility to take initative and let the functional team or the respective teams to know whether it requires to be reprocessed.Other tham mapping errors you can reprocess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

difficult to answer because that depends mainly on your project management and of the size of your sap team (dev, functional, admin, support team, help desk, etc...). For instance:

reprocess of idoc (so ECC): key users as in most of the case idoc are in error due to bad business data. If key users do not understand the error, he/she can write a "ticket" and/or ask to his/she support team.

Error in PI: mainly Support team (why not with help of PI team). And so it's intersting to have alert in PI.

Error in ECC (queue like SM58) : Support team.

Note: usually in Support team you have at least a functional.

mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,can anyone tell me that its whose resposibility then to monitor and reprocess the idocs in case of errors.

ABAP or PI?

That is ABAP developer responsibility to monitor and reprocess the idocs on ECC.

If any issue on pi stack like mapping / rooting , that is PI Consultant responsibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is mainly for ECC, than for PI...

but you can acheive it, for instance, by creating an abap program which checks the IDoc status, and send an email to a list of persons you determined for instance in a Ztable for each idoc (message type + idoc type + idoc extension). You can scheduled this program by creating a SAP job (tcode SM36).

Another way could be to add an abap enhancement in each idoc process (inbound / outbound) to check the status of this idoc and send an email. But...

Personally, I prefer the 1st solution, as the program is scheduled, you can group several idoc errors and send only one email (!). Keep in mind this case: among 1000 inbound idocs, 750 are in error, because of a bad or a missing data in the source system... What 's the result with the 2nd solution?... it's a spam of 750 emails to the emailbox of your employees (!!!. Not sure they will appreciate...

To retreat Idoc, you can use tcode BD87. Do not give this tcode to all employees, but only to some key users, to avoid that an employee retreat several idocs which are not in its scope (because he/she did not a godd selection in the selection screen) and which should be not be retreat now (exm due to a fiscel year).

regards

Mickael