cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while running sapinst for system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For system copy activity of our ECC 6 system, we ran sapinst to take data export but it is not getting started and giving error "Login in process error -

An attempt to write to socket 1684 failed; reason: This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Any idea how to fix this !!!!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reboot solved the issue.

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

1). Can you check whether port 1684 is in use? You can kill the process using port 1684 or restart the server and try again.

2). if its Unix, make sure you set Display Variable set correctly by testing XClock.

3). From what user you are running the SAPInst, make sure the user has right permissions on the Folder.

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Its Windows environment. I first tried with sidadm but got the same error. So now i tried with another admin user of that server, still the error persists.

Thanks for the information. I shall check on the port (whether used by any other process or not).

Regards,

Pavan I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is my opinion on this error, please try this out if you have downtime on your ECC system.

1. Reboot your windows system and then try exporting your DB.

2. Alternatively bring down your SAP system and DB and then try running the export and see whether it is moving fine.

Keep us posted with your feedback which will help to provide you with any other additional troubleshooting points.

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

Thanks for the option.

I hope its the only left out option. And downtime is not a problem luckily.

I shall update you all with the status, once reboot is done.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan