cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 7.1 Alerts to SNMP traps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We will start the process of implement SolMan 7.1 and with this we will migrate all the alerting that we have in SolMan/CCMS 7.0 using CCMS autoreactions methods to the new Alert infrastructre provided in SolMan 7.1. It is my understanding that in SolMan 7.1 only emails are sent in case of alerts.

Has somebody configured SolMan 7.1 alerting with SNMP traps?

It is my undestanding that there is some kind of custom development required for this.

Please help me to understand the effort and any tips

Thanks,

Zareh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JimSpath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zareh:

I don't have an answer, but was wondering about your question. Why are you looking to communicate via SNMP? There are many more modern communication protocols, and I would expect the management console you are presumably using would have an API that Solution Manager could interface with.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jim,

Well, we use HP Operation Manager in the Enterprise for alerting and monitoring, so we have our SolMan 7.0 EhP1 and CCMS configure to send CCMS alert using SNMP traps to HPOM and with this a bunch of alerts, filters and so in HPOM. It seems natural to cotinue using SNMP protocol.

Have you see any other type of setups out there for HPOM and solman?

Thanks for your help,

Zareh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to setup SNMP on Solution Manager 7.1 as well. I required auto-trigger for SNMP like the functionality from 7.0. Is the functionality available on 7.1?

0 Kudos

Zareh,

Did you ever find a solution on this.  We are experiencing a sililar issue trying to use SNMP traps to nagios.

Thanks,

Tania

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have gone through the guide and this custom BADI implementation should be done by ABAP developers right?

Regards,

Karthik

former_member573740
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

You only need an ABAP developer, if you want to use a custom BADI.

But instead you can also use the "standard" SNMP configuration.

see HOW-To guide:

Description: see page 8

"...

3.2 [SAP-Standard] usage

Starting with Solution Manager 7.10 SP06, a [SAP-Standard] BAdI implementation is shipped:

..."

Configuration: see page 15

"...

4 [SAP-STANDARD] SNMP CONFIGURATION

As of Solution Manager 7.10 SP06, a dedicated User Interface has been implemented to configure the SNMP Traps.

Make sure in transaction SICF that the service “mai_snmp_trap_config” is active.

4.1 User Interface

http://<SolutionManagerHost>:<port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/mai_snmp_trap_config?sap-language=EN

..."

Best regards