cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combination of Debit Memo Request and Credit Memo Request items in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer has what seems to be a unique requirement to combine the line items from a debit memo request (document category = L) and credit memo request (document category = K) onto one billing document.

The intent is to use ABAP logic in an applicable user exit to check the net total of the combined debit and credits from each document and then flip the billing document type to be an F2 invoice (document category = M) if the amount is greater than or equal to 0, and a credit memo (document category = O) if less than zero.

We have been able to achieve the ABAP coding part and even overcome the conflicting document categories to post all the line items onto the billing document. However, the outstanding issue is with pricing. The billing document that is generated, whether credit or debit memo totals all items, treating the amounts as absolute values.

Has anyone encountered this requirement or situation before? Any suggestions to resolve?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

I tried it 5 or 6 year ago, and it was a nightmare. The worst was when I tried to transfer data to COPA. I remember that I did it changing customizing in VOV8, VOFA and in copy rules. I created too VOFM for copy rules, and a couple of userexits. Of course, I reversed it. I suggest to do that I did it. Surely it is a custom between some sectors and by size of companies. Here in Spain is not possible by tax authorities requirements. So, search legal advice related with formal requirements for invoices and perhaps you persuade your customer to avoid it.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PD: I forgot, the only document do something similar is RK (Invoice Correct. Req) see it in tcode VOV8. But it's a kind of document to do corrections against prior documents, not to invoice deliveries.

Edited by: E_Hinojosa on Jan 25, 2012 11:49 AM

Edited by: E_Hinojosa on Jan 25, 2012 11:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I understand your concern. Unfortunately I have no way around this for my client who has been doing this with their legacy applications for many years now.

In this case, I found that if I filter the logic via userexit at time of billing document generation to switch the value of VBRP-SHKZG from blank to "X" only when the credit memo request and debit memo request items are being combined on the one billing document, for example where there is a net debit. The VBRP-SHKZG setting is placed in this case, only on the credit line item so that it will show a -ve amount, which allows the totals to be summed up accurately on the billing document.

The converse will be true if there was a net credit

I found now that the billing document gets generated with the right amounts....BUT now I have update terminations...!

Not sure why though...because if I do this only with configuration (by changing the "Return" indicator - TVAP-SHKZG) on the item category I get the same results..and also an update termination.

The billing document therefore shows:

Net Billing Value - 400

Line item 10 XXXXXX1 150.00- (from Credit Memo Request)

Line item 20 xxxxxxx2 550.00 (from Debit Memo Request)

However when saved, update termination occurs..could be the COPA or Accounting doc issue that you alluded to.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

The problem always will be integration with other modules. Guess to handle it with userexits, so, to link to FI see Note 301077 - User exits for the interface to accounting. I suggest use EXIT_SAPLV60B_008 and be careful. See also SAP Note 36353 - AC interface: Summarizing FI documents, because you handle ACCIT after this summarization has worked. For COPA see the enhancements (COPA*) where I though that the proper will be COPA0005. Futhermore I suggest to see SAP Note 74486 - INFO: Overview of consulting notes for CO-PA. Futhermore, do the flows until the payments.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo