cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subject line on e-mailed invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all----

I'm having some difficulty with the subject line of our e-mailed invoices.

We maintain in VV32 --- [our company] invoice &XNAST-OBJKY&. This includes the invoice number in the subject header along with our company's name. This works perfectly for us.

However, now we have a customer who instead of the invoice number in the subject line of their e-mails, wants their PO number.

In VV32 I tried &XVBAK-BSTNK& and &XVBRK-BSTNK_VF&, however neither of them work.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Josh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try with &VBKD-BSTNK& ?

Also check &VBDPR-BSTNK& and &VBDPR-BSTDK&

Regards,

Edited by: Shiva Ram on Jan 23, 2012 3:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, all three of those suggestions yielded the same result. The only characters in the cover page text that appeared in the e-mail were just the text, and nothing that was typed in between the &&.

Hopefully there are some other options out there!

Thanks

Josh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see these notes

Note 49174 - NAST: VF01 Replacement of symbols does not work

Note 537832 - Incorrect replacement of text symbols for MAIL

Note 718017 - Replacement of text symbols in spool title/MAIL

So, do a subrutine in RV60AFZZ, for instance ZZ_TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE. Populate in V/40 for your message program SAPLV60A and the last subrutine in the fields for replace of text symbols. After, do the settings in V/40 to see this text symbol.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PD: other idea. Rule the number of PO for splitting the invoice, and store this number in any field. If you don't have any field for this purpose, enhance VBRK with an append and populate it in the copy rules with a VOFM subroutine.

Edited by: E_Hinojosa on Jan 25, 2012 5:54 PM

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please use the Sales order PO Number feild then it will be possible.But make sure that you are getting PO number in billing document also

Regards

Srinath

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

did you check the field XBLNR ?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

No sorry, XBLNR didn't work either with the tables that were previously mentioned )-:

Thanks though for another suggestion--

Josh

Edited by: Josh7377 on Jan 23, 2012 5:19 PM

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Josh

The heart of your issue is that an SD invoice references a preceding sales order/PO number at the item level, whereas you seek to use the PO number at the header. Assuming your business process is consistent in that all billing document items reference same customer PO, you can enhance the system to make the customer PO available at the invoice header.

Engage some ABAP support to implement this recommendation.

1. Create an append structure to the V3 Output Determination Communication structure KOMKBV3. Add a field ZZBSTNK for the customer PO number using data element and domain BSTNK.

2. Engage the user exit FORM USEREXIT_KOMKBV3_FILL found in include program RVCOMFZZ. Add logic to determine the customer PO number and move it to KOMKBV3-ZZBSTNK.

3. Update the customeru2019s output condition record (VV32) to reference the new field in the subject line.

Regards,

zKen