cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are creating a new plant id that is a corporate office. There will be no shipments to or from this plant id.

Is it best practice to always create a plant from a "template" or is there any problems with just creating the plant id in OX10 and then attaching it to a company code in OX18. That is all we need done.

Thank you

cindy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is preferred to copy from the an existing plant of similar feature & dependencies.

Regards

JP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The purpose is to track assets.

The comments above have alarmed me. What kind of software have we purchased where using provided menu items to create data could corrupt tables. OMG!!!

Cindy

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The comments above have alarmed me

I believe its just about data maintenance inconsistency, not about corrupting of tables.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the purpose is to maintain it as an asset only. Then this becomes a Finance issue. Assets are maintained in Accounting. Under Financial Accounting. I am sure this would help.

Edited by: arsimkeviv on Jan 25, 2012 12:31 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
There will be no shipments to or from this plant id.

Then what for this plant should be created ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a template that is a basic plant as I described.

The consultant we have says the only template delivered, she will have turn off assignments. Is it easier or better to turn off assignments that a default template would create or create a new plant since it will not be shipped to or shipped from. It's a corporate office.

She also stated that by creating it manually, there is a possibility that not all tables would be updated and possible data corruption could occur. Please tell me that is not the case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Mr.JP said it is always suggestible to copy the existing one to restrict future obstacles.

Ram

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

She also stated that by creating it manually, there is a possibility that not all tables would be updated and possible data corruption could occur. Please tell me that is not the case.

Your consultant is 100% correct in her statement.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a template that is a basic plant as I described

Standard Plant 1000.

it will not be shipped to or shipped from. It's a corporate office.

In this case, don't maintain assignment for Supplying Plant & Shipping Point.

(This would not allow to create any delivery activity for this plant. But you will be able create Order related billing)

Only assignment of Plant with Sales Org & Distribution Channel should suffice your requirement.

She also stated that by creating it manually, there is a possibility that not all tables would be updated and possible data corruption could occur.

Yes, consultant understanding is correct.

Regards

JP

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I think you should follow your consultant advice & do accordingly. If he/she is SAP consultant, then creating plant is very basic thing & you should follow your consultant, later on you test your scenario for new plant in DEV & if you find it fine then only get it transported to PRD.