Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chain interfaces to set file name in sender channel dynamically

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to use the Seeburger SFTP adapter to import a file from an external server to an SAP ECC system.

The adapter must be Seeburger as the protocol has to be SFTP, not FTPS as with the File adapter.

Although I can set a wildcard selection, I really want to poll for specific filenames with predetermined naming criteria.

The sender SFTP communication channel doesn't provide any options to specify dynamic attributes but I wonder if I can link several interfaces together, please can you confirm if the following process would work conceptually:

1) SAP ECC program runs and determines the fixed filename that I wish to import (e.g. file_abc123.xml).

2) SAP ECC program calls an outbound proxy with a mapping to set the relevant parameter in dynamic configuration ('http://seeburger.com/xi' is the namepsace, 'dtSubject' is the parameter name for the filename of the SFTP adapter). Besides mapping I think the Seeburger attribute mapper module could also be used to set this value.

3) The outbound proxy is configured on the receiver side to call an SFTP sender channel (with a dummy/blank payload as we're only calling the interface to allow settng of the filename to take place) which links to an inbound service interface on the SAP ECC receiver side.

I don't know whether chaining of service interfaces in this fashion (receiving interface also being a sender) is a viable approach or whether there are any alternatives.

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

Are the specific file names that you are polling for going to be changing or will they be fixed? Are each of the unique names going to be processed using the same interface? If so then I would just create multiple SFTP sender channels that poll at different intervals but use the same mappings, etc.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think there is any way you could put in a specific file name in the sender communication channel that changes automatically, without some custom coding.

The best solution would be either a wildcard but in such a way that makes it specific enough for your files or, even better, a different folder.