cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an SAP Material "kit" comprised of other SAP tracked items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My company currently manufactures batches of product. Beginning this year, we are transitioning to a kit process where all of the SAP tracked items for each batch will be grouped together to help streamline the overall process (One kit contains all the materials for one batch, no more, no less). Currently, each individual item is tracked through SAP and has its own barcode/label that must be scanned prior to use in the process. The floor personel have requested that it would be ideal to have a label on the outside of the kit that could be scanned to essentially fulfill the current task of each item needing to be scanned in order to be used for the process. However, since each individual item has it's own expiration date, creating something like this has not happened.

Can anyone explain if it is possible to accomplish something like this and if so, how? Again, the issue is needing to create an item that is trackable in SAP that is made up of several other smaller items (each with their own unique expiration dates). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MiguelSanchez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Delejan,

Try this:

For the kit material:

- Create a material of type kit, lot size = 1

- Configure Data Collect on Assembly (Build tab), enter KIT_SFC

- Create material for each individual component you want to group to a kit, define expiration date (tab TSM)

- Configure Data to Collect on Assembly according to what data you want to collect for the components

- Creat a BOM for the kit with the components that you want to group together, assign it to the kit material

For the top level material:

- Create a material

- Create a BOM with the kit material as component, assign BOM to material

Configure any thing else needed, like router, operations, resources, ...

Now you can create a shop order for the kit material. Assemble / process the SFCs through the end. Your have now kit SFCs in inventory.

Create a shop order for the top-level material. Here you can consume your kit SFCs.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Miguel