cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 3.0 Does not open beyond the splash screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have uninstalled/re-installed and rebooted many times. Deleted all nwbc.ini files plus anything else I could find.

This NWBC version 3.0 used to work on my PC in Nov and early Dec.

Now all I get is the initial splash screen saying that the program is going to run (and it shows up in my task list for a moment or two) and then nothing. There's no task running, nothing.

I've tried NWBC 3.5 - same problem. I've tried from Run Advertised programs. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling at least 6 times. Nothing.

Anyone see this ever and can help?

I really need quick response on this!

Edited by: Shelley Schwartz on Jan 23, 2012 5:08 PM

Edited by: Shelley Schwartz on Jan 23, 2012 5:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shelley,

Did you check the Registry of the system for NWBC variables ? If not try to check it, you can access it from RUN --> REGEDIT --> Please modify the Registry carefully because it has other system variables also.

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lots and lots of registry entries that have NWBC in them. Don't know which might be problematic.

Do you know for sure where I should be looking in the registry to delete/modify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uninstall NWBC , go to REGEDIT --> Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Expand SOFTWARE node --> Locate SAP -- Delete the Folder NWBC.

And

2). Expand HKEY_LOCAL_USER --> SOFTWARE -> SAP --> NWBC - Delete.

Restart the system and try to install NWBC again and check.

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was nothing in the hkey_local_machine for nwbc but I did delete the the nwbc folder from hkey_current_user.

Then installed NWBC 3.0 from Run advertized programs. Rebooted as instructed.

Same thing - splash screen and nothing else.

Now there's a folder back in regedit for NWBC with all sorts of entries but all are saying (value not set)

Got any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below note should help with more troubleshooting steps. Please check

Note 1378659 - NWBC 3.x: known issues & what to check when opening a ticket

Also check this doc

http://help.sap.com/bp_ekit604/documentation/NWBC30_EN.PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shelley,

I was facing exactly the same problem as you and wasn't able to start NWBC. I even re-installed SAP Logon as well.

Don't know why, but after starting NWBC through the file NWBCCore.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\NWBC) the desktop shortcut started to work again.

Good luck

0 Kudos

Hi,

I also had this problem with a fresh NWBC 3.0 install and I too moved NWBC 3.5 but for me it was a MS .NET issue. I had .NET 3.5 but not Service Pack 1 as per the requirement in note 1620514.

Regards, Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And in the end.... IT gave me a new PC and all's well.

Sad but at least I was up and running with NWBE 3.0 (NOT 3.5)