cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIcense Change History

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The license change history shows the old and new values for valid to date, status, and other header info of license.

However when attributes (like FTO, legal unit, business partners, ECCN and etc.,) modified, the change history doesnu2019t showing old and new values and modified attribute details. Itu2019s just providing the information of whom and when it has changed.

Pls let me know where can I check these details.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right; the Change Log shows "who" and "when", but not always "what". If you want to know more, then I think you would need to switch on change recording for the relevant tables. That is done at the table level in the Data Dictionary - in the "Technical Settings" for each table. You can then access the history using Transaction SCU3.

For some very goods reasons, setting up change logging for anything other than customising or control tables is not recommended. Unless you have over-riding business reasons for needing to do it, I think it's unlikely that your Basis team will allow you to do it.

Does there have to be a system solution? GTS is supposed to model (that's to say, record) the actual licences issued by the authorities to your business, so why should the data be changing? Could you think about annotating the master copy of the licence to show who has entered the details onto the system, and keep a record if it is necessary to make any amendments? And what about Transaction control - can you restrict access to the "change" transaction just to essential (and trusted) users?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you referring to the addition and deletion of values in these license attributes. If,so, it is available in the change history.

Regards,

Jasmit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmit,

Yes, I am referring addition or deletion of values in the license attributes. But its just showing the details of the user and when license was modified apart from that nothing updated in the change history.