cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get RFC connection to R/3 System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried several time to create a RFC WebDynpro aaplication. But when I try to connect to the R/3 system via JCo I always get an error!

I created an ABAP System within the SLD. I created a JCo accessing the R/3 application server directly - This connection is working fine.

Then I created a JCo connection for reading out the meta-data. This JCo looks up the message server of the R/3. This connection does not work! I always get following error when testing the connection the first time after creating:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=mcgee GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=DH1 MSSERV=sapmsDH1 PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsDH1' unknown TIME Fri Sep 08 11:42:56 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 505 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsDH1' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

When I test the connection after that I get following error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=mcgee GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=DH1 MSSERV=sapmsDH1 PCS=1 ERROR service '?' unknown TIME Fri Sep 08 11:44:33 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 COUNTER 1

I specified the server and the service in my etc/hosts and etc/services files

I posted the problem already within thread:

But I got no helpful answer yet!

Can someone help me

regards

René

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The SLD Configuration is not correct.Please check the SLD Connection.

See this Thread

See this Document

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/526bd490-0201-0010-038e-d3f...

You can find where the error come from

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLD configuration error ,Reconfigure your System over SLD .Check message server port and installed system ,if possible import latest cimsap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

On Friday I did following:

- Imported the "CR_Content.zip" and "cimsap.zip" to SLD another time

- Recreated the technical systems in SLD

- Recreated the JCo's

- reset the backend IP-Adresses in the etc/hosts file and the backend services in the etc/services file

-> this fixed the described Problem for one R/3 backend immediately but not for a second R/3 system.

-> when I switched on my computer this morning and started my J2EE now all JCo's are working fine.

-> So I think that in some cases perhaps a restart of the whole computer could be necessary.

Thanks to Mukesh and Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

where we have to add this information in the hosts and services.Is it necessary that we have to add any thing from the unix level (for the SAP system).Please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

After I reconfigured my SLD I succeeded with the connection to one R/3 system. -> Here now all works fine so thanks for the help.

But I have implemented another R/3 system which I configured the same way as the first. -> Here I got the error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=mcgee GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=DH1 MSSERV=sapmsDH1 PCS=1 ERROR partner not reached (host mcgee, service sapmsDH1) TIME Fri Sep 08 15:32:19 2006 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -10 MODULE nixxi_r.cpp LINE 8707 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER 1

The funny thing about this is that a colleague of mine accesses this system with the same configurations from his local machine without problems.

Are there any special settings I need to maintain for my computer?

regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no other personal setting is needed.

Make Sure in the JCO Connections are Working well.Test the JCO Conection in the Content Administrator.

Make Sure that you make an entry for the message server in the

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

<Msgservername> <port>/tcp

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I am also getting a similar type of error while connecting to backend R3 system.

In my case the JCO ping & Test for for "SAP_R3_HumanResources" is successful,

-

A ping to the JCo destination 'SAP_R3_HumanResources' was

sucessfully executed.

JCo destination 'SAP_R3_HumanResources' was sucessfully tested with user 'SDKULKARNI'

-

The strange thing is that it fails for "SAP_R3_HumanResources_Metadata"

What could be the reason ?

-

Failed to ping JCo destination 'SAP_R3_HumanResources_Metadata'.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=gbdci550 GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=RS6 MSSERV=sapmsRS6 PCS=1 ERROR internal error TIME Thu Jun 26 18:55:37 2008 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT MS (message handling interface, multithreaded) VERSION 4 RC -101 COUNTER 5

-

Regards

Sunil Kulkarni

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

You have to edit the service file. There you have to gave the following

sapmsRS6 <port>

i hope this will solve your problem.