cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with SAP IDM 7.2 Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did anyone have experience with the "notifications tasks" of the SAP provisioning framework of IDM 7.2.

There are numbers of "trigger notification" (Ordered task groups) such as 1744/1. Trigger notification: user created and one generic 1387/Send email notification Task.

How can I use these tasks, located in the SAP provisioning framework at Common Tasks - -> Notification?

I didn't found any documentation for this purpose?!

Has anyone worked with it yet?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to set (at least) the task "Notification" in PF folder "Core" as the add event task to the MX_TRIGGER_NOTIFICATION -attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tero,

Thank you for your answer!

Could you describe a bit closer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Could you describe a bit closer.

If you study the notification logic you notice that the attribute MX_TRIGGER_NOTIFICATION gets a value, you need to assign an even task to the attribute (PF / Core / Notifications) to complete the "logic"-part. All of the needed content for email should come from context as far as I remember (it's been a while since I configured it).

Next step would be filling in the needed constant values for your Notification-repository, mostly the SMPT address, port number and return address. There is a constant MAIL_DEBUG which directs the email output to debug recipients instead on "real" recipients. If all of your users have the MX_MAIL_PRIMARY filled then notification should work, if not then adjust the constant DEFAULT_MAIL_ATTRIBUTE appropriately.

You can also dictate the events that send mail by reducing the events from the list of ENABED_FOR repository constant. Also depending on your requirements you may need to adjust who gets which notification, again you would need to study the notification tasks to see how the context gets populated.

At the moment I am using the standard notifications only to notify about provisioning failures, so debug is on and emails are forwarded to admins. For "real" notifications I needed to support multiple languages and the standard doens't yet do it.